*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574300-Twisted-Realities
Rated: E · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1574300
All that I thought, was who was he and how could one man be this close to being an angel?
It was about midnight at Jamestown High school. All of a sudden, I found myself sitting in the middle of the lunchroom all alone with only the emergency lights on. I was a bit dazed for a second, for I did not know how I got inside the school. Suddenly, I heard a voice call my name. I followed the direction it came from, which led me outside the cafeteria to a bright hallway. It was the only one lit. I saw a dark shadow ahead of me, but he was not in the light so I couldn't make out his face. At first I thought that this must have been a dream of some sort, but I soon discovered that I thought wrong. This intimidating, but intriguing figure walked towards me slowly; until our faces were right in front of each others.
" Follow me." he whispered in a dark and seducing voice.

He immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me along, looking back every once in a while directly into my innocent eyes with his two penetrating and beautiful eyes. I could not help but to notice that his eyes had a touch of gold in them with a dash of deep orange. Those eyes, and his face lined up so well together. It was marvelous and it made him look both powerful and dangerous, but I knew that I was safe. I saw that he had dark brown hair that was long and wavy. It caressed the contour of his face and made him look all the more beautiful. He was taller than I was, which is what I liked. He was also very built. He had defined muscles, but nowhere near intimidating. He had on a light, loose shirt that had sleeves on the side. On top of his shirt, he wore a dark black coat that made his image and figure somehow slimmer, and unique at the same time. I did not know where he was taking me, but I didn't care. All that I could think of was who was he, and how could one man merely be this close to being an angel?

I was still in a daze while being pulled along by this impeccable creature when I noticed that my surroundings had drastically changed. We were no longer inside the school, but we were on a mountain top just before the sun rose.
" Wow. This is amazing! How did you find this place?"

" I was out just walking around one day, and I came across this place. Do you like it?"

" Um yeah!! This is so beautiful!" I smiled. I then looked up at his eyes, but no longer saw the exotic orange glow in them. Instead I saw nothing but black, and it frightened me. Then he spoke in a seducing voice.

" Are you afraid?"

I couldn't speak. I tried to say yes, but my mouth wouldn't utter a sound. He then grabbed one of my arms with one of his masculine hands, and with the other he pressed his index finger to his lips, making a shushing gesture and noise that went with it. Then slowly, he gracefully pulled out from behind him a small, deadly dagger in which he now pointed to me. I tried screaming, but again, nothing came out. I attempted to free myself as hard as I could, but he was relentless. After a few moments, and both numerous, desperate attempts, I finally managed to free myself, only to fall flat on my face.

When I opened my eyes, I was in my room, sitting up in my bed. I looked around and realized that it was just a dream. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I noticed a dark silhouette in the corner. He started walking towards me, when I noticed a reflection gleaming in my mirrors. It was a glare from a small dagger that he was holding in his hands. Just like the dream I just had, he put his finger to his lips and shushed me. Then with one swift lunge, he threw the dagger into the air nearly grazing my neck. Without thinking I ran to the door, but just as quickly got stopped by the man in my room. I tried to shake him off of me but I didn't have the strength to overpower him. With a sly grin, he started walking closer to me. I stared at his bloodthirsty mouth and watched his fangs protrude from underneath his grin. He stopped mid stride and threw his silver blade onto the ground, causing an indent in the floor. I returned to his gaze just as he leaned in for a kill. I steadily ducked out of his range, ran to the other side of my room and grabbed the dagger and threw it at the man's chest. I stood there watching this creature throw himself across the room with an agonizing shrill. There was no way that he was going to survive that. A silver blade through the heart of any vampire would kill them. This I knew for sure. As I remained still, watching the vampire descend into a slow, painful death, I walked over to his limp body and stood over him. He was dead. There was no way that I would be killed now.

I walked over the dead vampire's body and opened my door, only to be greeted by yet another vampire. I backed up slowly. Not remembering that the body was still on the ground, I tripped over it and fell. The vampire then seized the opportunity to sink his fangs into my neck. Slowly I began a perpetual climb into the world of eternal darkness and death. The world that I had momentarily lucked out on. One thought crossed my mind as I lay there, becoming prey. No matter what happens, even if at one point prey becomes the predator, a prey is a prey. It will never remain the predator for long.

Word count: 1,001
© Copyright 2009 crafty_kbl (crafty_kbl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574300-Twisted-Realities