*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574359-Forever-Lost-Forever-Lonely
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1574359
Please criticize this.
This story is different and a little more creative. The guys goes into thoughts in present time and sees and describes stuff in present time. However, he slips into memories that relate to what he is seeing in the present. His painful memories. I'm not reading this so if I have typos tell me please and thank you. Other feedback would be highly appreciated also.


(Present)
Sand as far as the eye could see. Tiny, golden grains of sand. I was all alone. My bare feet cushioned by the soft touch of the sand. The warmth of the sun tickling my face as it left to go to sleep. The sun appeared to almost be red. It as truly a beautiful sight and truly a haunting reminder of what I had lost. Her eyes shined as bright as the sun. So big and round. Forever lost to me, refusing to return. Her eyes embedded themselves into my thoughts; almost as if to torture me.

(Memory)
......It was autumn. The leaves were all sorts of different colors. Falling from the tired limbs. There she was. In the meadow all alone once again. Did she not ever get lonely? Every tuesdsay she was out here walking the meadow all alone. She was so pretty. Her beautiful blonde hair falling down to her shoulders. Her blue-yellow eyes resembling the ocean mirroring the sun's image......

(Present)
Now I'm the lonely one. Why did this happen to me?

"Why?" I screamed to the skies.

"Why?" The skies replied back.

No one but me in this God forsaken place. Will she miss me? Or will she even thinka bout me? Who knows. I turned around to try to run from my memories. To try and hide from the sun. There they were though. Standing at the outskirts of the forest, woods, whatever you want to call it. White Alstoemeria flowers. Otherwise known as White Queens. Shelbie's favorite flower. Just like the ones she always wore in her hair. They are so beautiful. White petals with red and white designs on them. Truly one of autumns most beautiful gifts.

(Memory)
........Scattered through the meadow were White Queens. One of the many things that attracted her to the meadow. She kneeled over one and plucked it from the ground. Slowly she put the petals up to her cute little nose and savored the sweet fragrance that eminated from the flower. She trimmed the stem down to an appropriate size and placed the flower in her hair. Adding to her beauty.......

(Present)
In the distance I heard waves crashing against the cliffside. Its funny. Funny because thas how I feel. A collision of emotions like the collision of the waves and the cliffside. Lonliness, sadness, even agner. None of it made sense. I laid down on the sand. Hoping the tide would not rise. The soft sand felt refreshing as my head slightly sunk in to it. It almost seemed to be holding me. Holding me like she did.

(Memory)
........Finally I had the courage to approach her. For a couple minutes we walked side by side in utter silence.

Finally she spoke, "Why are you here?"

"I had to see you, had to talk to you." I replied hesitantely. "You use to love mem what happened to that?"

She turned to me with a tear tricling down her cheek leaving a trail behind it like a deer walking in the meadow. "I still do but we can't be. You have to understand I'm doing this for us. Well, for you......."

(Present)
Off she ran. I never saw my love again. I waited for her at the meadow every day but she never returned. What was she talking about? Its all over now. No way I'm getting out of here. Forever lost, forever alone.
© Copyright 2009 catchthebullet (ghost89098 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574359-Forever-Lost-Forever-Lonely