*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574572-Warm-up-exercises
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1574572
warm ups from Character workshop
Warm-ups

1) intro

Dom stood up and looked around the room. Bowing briefly, he straightened and clasped his hands behind his back. “Commander Domenic Dana, Camp Amphibian.” He stifled a frown, realizing that the location meant nothing to these people. Nothing to be done about the blunder now, there was no way to elaborate without starting to babble. He confined himself to a respectful look around the room and reclaimed his seat. If anyone needed him, they could find him during the break.

2) Quick hints

1) Dom sees his scar in the mirror, and hurries to cover it up with a shirt while feeling like a coward.

2) Dom pulls out his looking glass to get a look at a ship coming in. After checking out the important stuff, he spends extra time watching the ship boys play in the rigging and smiles nostalgically.

3) The most sturdy container Dom owns, holds not his money but his officer pips.



3) Photo with woman

Dom kept his face still despite the reek coming from the body. A woman’s body, unarmed and beaten bloody. She lay sprawled on the floor, one of her knees bent at an angle that made Dom wince before he tore his gaze away and surveyed the room. The cigarettes littering the floor caught his attention next. Someone had dropped them – they were untouched by flame – maybe the same someone who had ripped the woman’s dress, or maybe not. The whole place was a mess. “Get a sheet and cover her up, if you please, Mr. Sacks,” Dom called over his shoulder to the fourteen-year-old cadet who’d come with him.
© Copyright 2009 Airdale (Alex Lidell) (airdale51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574572-Warm-up-exercises