*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574914-Peace-Love-and-Murder
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1574914
yup my story
I can not believe I brought my friends into this. We three are being held at gunpoint pleading for our lives and it is all my fault. I’ll start from the beginning where it all started.

 

My name is Stacey Williams. I am your basic sixteen year old girl. I’m five foot six, average weight, and I’m a shoulder length brunette which is subject to change.  A few things that separate me from other teenage girls. I would rather read a book then watch television or go to a party and I like to solve mysteries in my extra time. I specialize in murders but I also do robberies. My parents do not really enjoy their oldest daughter chasing down crazy people for fun. I have been in a few situations where my life really was in danger. This is one of those times.

 

“Stacey, sweetie please pass the green beans.” My mom said

  “I tell you Jennet, life sure isn’t what it used to be. The paper says a serial killer is on the loose. You, better go lock the front door it says here he was last spotted on Apple Drive….. That’s only five miles from here.” My father announced.

  “My word what do you suppose we do? Should we go on a vacation to Paris or Italy Maybe?”

  “Oh mom you’re such a drama queen! As much as I would love going to Paris or Italy I think we will be fine here.” I said with a grin on my face.

  “I know that look young lady you are not allowed to go after this man and that is final! The last thing I need is for you to get hurt!” She looked at my father, “Richard, tell her!!!”

  My dad looked up from his food. “Yeah, yeah. Stace, do me a favor and listen to your mother so she doesn’t come chew me out about it!”

  “Sure dad.” I said

     

The rest of supper was quite. That is if you can zone out my little sisters screaming at each other, my dad asking someone to pass some sort of food item every five minutes, and my mom singing to her self. I will never understand this family.

  After supper I went up to my room. My room was… Well it was my room. The walls are all dark blue. I have dark brown wood floors but a dark brown rug covers most of them. Unlike all teenagers that have posters of their favorite bands on their walls I have posters of crime scene tape, detective hats, and the outlines of dead peoples body’s. My bed is in one corner, and in the opposite corner at the feet of my bed is my television. By my television I have a dresser which holds my favorite books, favorite movies, and my parrot Penny.



I have other animals to. Three cats and one stupid, lazy, useless dog, but Penny is my partner in crime, and my favorite because when I talk to her she talks back.



“Hey, Penny! Anything interesting happen while I was gone?” She made one of those bird squawking sounds.

  “No! I guarded your room for you!”

  “Good job Pen!” I saluted her “Did you know there was a serial killer on the loose? He was last spotted on Apple Drive! That is only five miles from here! What do you think Pen? Should we investigate?” She made another bird squawking sound.

  “No! To dangerous!” She squawked again, “We could get hurt!” Some partner in crime.

  “Well suit your self.” I said with a shrug.

     

  I packed my detective bag with everything I might need, opened my window, put my leg out and with that I was out of there. But as I was I swear I heard Penny, say something that sounded a lot like “Idiot.”



  It was seven fifteen and the sun was just starting to set. It was breathtaking and while I was taking it all in my neighbor and friend Zoey, Walked up.

  Zoey, is my age, Caucasian, she is two inches shorter then me and four pounds lighter. This week she has ruby red hair but she tends to change the color frequently. She claims it helps with her disguises but it just makes her stand out more. And she is the worst detective ever!

  “I see that smirk on your face.” She pointed out, “I know what your’e going to do and I’m coming with. Not going to take no for an answer!” She sat down on the ground by my feet, “I’m going to sit here until you leave then I’m going to go with you! YOU WILL NEVER GO WITHOUT ME!!!”

  “Dude chill,” I said “What exactly do you think I’m going to do?” As if I didn’t know what she was going to say.

  “You’re, going to either go to the mall or solve the new murder.” She looked at me for a few seconds, “Yep your, going to solve the murder. I can see it in your face.”

  “Okay okay so I’m going to just poke around a little nothing dramatic. I promised my mom that I wouldn’t do anything dangerous.”

  “ HA! Nothing dramatic my cats behind! It’s always dramatic with you! Shoot your middle name is drama. Dra-“

  “ENOUGH!!! I get the point but it’s different this time! I promised my mom I wouldn’t chase him down so I’m not going to. End of discussion I don’t even know much about it.”

  “What do you know about it? Do tell all.” She looked amused so I decided to tell her.

“Okay. Well the man is guessed to be thirty-two, Caucasian, blonde hair, blue eyes, tall, and muscular and a murderer. He’s wanted for double homicide. Both of which where within twenty miles from here, a convenience store clerk and a young boy walking home from school. There is no record of any connections between the man and the victims but there must be one.” I told her

  “So your going to find out right?”

  “I say talk to the other employees at Shop A Lot. That’s where the clerk Jennifer, was murdered.”

  “TO SHOP A LOT!!!!!!” Zoey said running to get her bike.





Shop A Lot was four miles from my house but it was only a five minute bike ride when you have as much adrenaline as Zoey.

  By the time we got there I was so tired I could hardly breathe.

“Jeez Stace, you really should work out more.” Zoey told me

“Well excuse me.” I panted a little, “We need to go into the store I need to be home by nine it’s seven fifteen now so figure a hour and thirty minutes in here then the bike ride back home.” I thought a minute, “Add the two carry the fi-“

  “Dangit Stacey!!! You’re doing that to annoy me I know it! We aren’t going to have five minutes if you don’t hurry up!” She looked around. “Hey don’t look now but there’s Eric….”

  “Ugh I do not see what people see in him.” I said

  “I don’t know what people don’t see in him.”

  “That makes no sense at all.”

Eric is seventeen, six foot three, with medium length jet black hair, and there’s a rumor he wears girls skinny jeans but people tend to love him anyway.

  “Hey you look familiar do I know you?” He asked me

“Heck yeah dude! We all go to the same school. You probably don’t see us much because we’re a year younger then you but it’s all good right?” Zoey answered.

  “Oh that’s right.” He looked at me “Your… Stacey… Right?”

  “Yeah. How did you know?” I answered

  “Well there is a lot of talk about you but I don’t think it’s true. You, know how high schoolers can talk.”

  “Oh yeah? What do they say?”

  “Well they say you like to solve crimes. I mean I know it’s stupid but they say you’re crazy. But I mean come on what teenage girl goes around going after maniacs and almost getting herself killed for fun?

“That’s not true! I’m almost never in life or death situations!” I told him.

  “Wow wait a second! It’s all true? Wait another second your going into the store to question the employees about the new murder!” He looked surprised

“Yep that’s right now step aside buckaroo we’re losing daylight!” Zoey said.

  “She said it all.” I said “So bye.”

“No way! I’m coming with this might be fun.” Eric said

  “Yeah well it might also be boring.” I said

“Besides, we’re real detectives here. You, could get hurt.” Zoey, said.

  “I said I want to go!”

“You’re not coming!” I said “Now sashay that way.” I pointed to the road

  “Whatever. I’m coming and you can’t stop me.” Eric said

“What makes you think I can’t?” I asked.

  “I’m bigger then you.”

“I’m smarter then you.”

  “I’m cooler then you.”

“Okay! You, can come! As long as you keep your mouth shut! Yeesh.” I said

  “I’m more persuasive then you.” He smiled

He’s even more obnoxious then I thought but he has an amazing smile. “I still hate him.” I kept telling myself but I didn’t know if I believed it.





 

© Copyright 2009 MCR ROCKS! (texasemo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574914-Peace-Love-and-Murder