*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575137-Muma-The-Unredeemed-Prologue
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Dark · #1575137
dark fantasy story of fallen angel and his quest for redemption
The sky was blacker than night, even though it should have been about midday in the village of Ravana that lies just outside the domain of the great White Emperor. Anything outside of his territory was forfeit to all sorts of monsters and demonic beings that roamed the world. So this border town was not unfamiliar with these creatures or strange happenings. Even so, something stranger was happening... something that could change the fate of all in this little village.


“No!” The young woman screamed, her voice drenched in the horror that her eyes betrayed, as she stared at her oppressor.
The man standing before her was tall and, even in the unnatural darkness, she could make out the delicate features.
“You should feel honored...” Came the voice from that figure, as he slowly made his way towards her. “your blood will be my meal.”
She had already been thrown to the ground, and her arms chained around the tree trunk, while she struggled fruitlessly to escape. Her sobs and cries for help were muted by the horrific darkness that surrounded the forest.

Protruding fangs came from between his lips, as he viciously grinned, coming swiftly at her with a pounce.
A gasp. A sigh.

The face that was coming towards her was suddenly blotted out by another shadow. The black feathers and cackling crow should have told her the identity of the newcomer. But paralyzed with fear, in the few moments that passed she could only sit and watch.

“W-who are you?” The blood-drinker exclaimed with anger. His reply was silence. “You shall pay for this intrusion!” in his right hand appeared a sword, which he swiftly lunged towards the shadow figure.

The leafless trees above spun around, as light began seeping in through the overcast sky. Crimson splattered the brown ground, and a ball of light burst open in front of the woman. When the blinding light subsided, she saw only one figure before her in the returned daylight.

All she could see was the back of a man. His long black coat and his jaw length raven hair made him look ominous, but the streaks of sunlight made him glow. As if in anticipation of seeing his face she held her breath until he at last turned towards her. She realized she was not mistaken to expect an equally stunning face.

Without saying a word, the figure silently bent down towards her and reached out his hand. It seemed just at his touch the chains melted off of her. She stared up, bewildered and mesmerized by his presence.
“Th-thank you.” she hesitated to say.
© Copyright 2009 ookamishi (ookamishi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575137-Muma-The-Unredeemed-Prologue