*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575462-Shyn
Rated: E · Short Story · Tragedy · #1575462
Shyn chews over times beyond, and love ungraspable.
Shyn lay still in the secondhand bed she had bought of the Internet from some random guy who had told her that he had no need for it anymore since he was moving in with his girlfriend. As if she actually cared about his reasons for anything.

Two years had passed since she'd bought the bed. She watched the cracks in the paint of the ceiling through her dark brown eyes, twirling a couple of fire-red hairs round the fingers of her left hand. She felt contentment rap itself around her like a second layer of skin. Coiling it's warmth around her as she lay daydreaming about times she had not caught up with, people that she would make acquaintances with and then dispose of, of course.
She had never been skillful with people. Had a hard time understanding others, they seemed to have nothing more to talk about but what they'd bought, or what show they'd seen on the television last night and on and on it went about nonsensical matters.

Not at all like Kaila. Sweet Kaila who was now gone, never to come back again. Four lonely years had passed since she'd been killed by that drunk taxicab driver. She knew all about him, his name was Eric. She knew where he lived, where his wife worked, where their kids went to school. She wanted to kill him for taking Kaila from her. That fucking good-for-nothing animal. One day she might forgive him, one day she might not. Not today and not tomorrow, that was for sure.

Shyn hauled herself out of bed. The sensation of her naked feet against the cold wooden floor made her twitch with pleasure.
“Simplicity and complacency that is about all I'll ever need baby.” she said aloud caressing the coldness of the floor with her left foot as she gazed at a picture of Kaila hanging on the only windowless wall in the room.
“I have a pressing matter to discuss with you Shena.” Kaila used to say.
“Is that so?” Shyn would reply with a smirk on her face.
“You see... baby I'm in love with a fire-devil.” That line always made them burst into laughs. There were no laughs to be found here anymore. She was no one’s fire-devil, no one’s Shena, no one’s Shyn.

She lay down in the bed again and decided to sleep for a few more hours. A couple of minutes later she was with Kaila again. In her dreams there was no taxicab driver who could ever take her love away. In her dreams she was always Kaila's fire-devil.

© Copyright 2009 Julius Larsen (thered at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575462-Shyn