*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575829-Memories
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1575829
Sara knows that her and her daughter are in danger. And she knows she has to get out...now
Sara gently pulled the covers just a little higher over Sophi. After she was sure Sophi was warm enough, Sara stepped out to the kitchen, closing the door quietly behind her.
"We could watch Sophi, you know." Laured said, putting her hand on Elliotts knee.
"No, she'll be fine with me." Sara said quietly, not wanting to be rude. Lauren nodded.
"Okay. We will miss her. Can we say good bye?"
"She'll be asleep when we leave."Sara said.
"Oh." said Lauren. Elliott smiled and put his arm around Lauren.
"Everything will be just fine." He had a reassuring look on his face. And Sara believed him.

Lauren and Eliott went to bed around 11:45. Sara stayed up a little longer to finish packing. The calm feeling that Elliott had brought was gone now, and she was starting to panic. What would they do? Where would they go? Who would they encounter? What would happen to them? If only Luke were still around to comfort her. Luke had been gone for a while now. Sophi had hardly known him. Sara thought more about this as she packed her last set of clothes and Sophi's forgotten toothbrush. Her watch started to beep; 2:00. She quickly covered it, hoping Sophi would not wake up. Luckily, she didn't.

Once in the car, Sara looked in the mirror at Sophi, sleeping in the back seat. Again, her mind strayed to Luke. Would she ever see him again? After a few more minutes of thought, her attention was drawn to Sophi. Would she be okay? She pulled over on the side of the road. She needed a moment to think. Sara looked in her side mirror. A man in a dark green pick up truck pulled to the side just behind her. He was staring at her too. Something about his eyes looked familiar...
She quickly shoved the thought away. There was no way she knew this random stranger. She took a moment to clear her mind, and then pulled back onto the road. A few hours later, around 4, Sophi awoke, and asked why they had to leave Lauren and Elliott, close family friends.
Sara replied "Mommy has to find something."
Pretending to understand, Sophi nodded her head and went back to sleep. They were nearing their first destination: Sara's small hometown: Terrian.


TO BE CONTINUED
© Copyright 2009 BumpersJR (bumpersjr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575829-Memories