*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1576004-Fathers-and-Sons
Rated: 18+ · Article · Relationship · #1576004
This article brings to light some problems in father-son relationship.
Fathers and Sons

Fathers and sons have a very close and intimate relationship with each other. They can be best friends in the sense that they have a relationship of mutual love and confidence. They share the secrets between themselves and do not hide anything from each other. A relationship of mutual understanding helps them in sharing their opinions and facts of life.

Sometimes fathers and sons can be having so much misunderstanding that they become enemies of each other. Sons fail to fulfill their filial duties and on the other hand, fathers too cannot meet sons’ expectations. This results in making the family structure disunited and disturbed. The bad blood between father and son not only poisons their lives but also casts harmful effects on the other members of the family. The mother and the daughters are also affected adversely by this enmity and ill-will created by the differences between the father and the son.

Sometimes it happens that fathers develop a habit of reprimanding their sons without any particular reason; most of the times mothers interfere with such matters. They support their sons and take their side. As a result, sons become fond of mothers and start hating their fathers. This has lots of consequences that are ignored by parents and for which the family suffers in future. The environment of the house is affected badly by this ill-treatment. Father and son are two pillars of a house and if they are not standing properly the house can never prosper.

Also young boys can be victimized by some kind of psychological disease. The psychological disorders are most common among such youths who are born and bred in an unhealthy environment. They not only become problematic for their families but also form the basis of a disorganized and disordered society.
Sometimes such sons can be rebels. They become criminals such as robbers, thieves, etc. also they become delinquent children who give a deaf ear to their teachers’ counsels. Truancy from school, rude behavior with elders and misconduct with class fellows become their hobbies. Negligence is seen as a common trait in these children. For such students the school should arrange counseling classes in these children.

Media’s role is of paramount importance in making relationships more and more sincere and strengthened because media has the power to change minds. Doubtlessly if the competent television directors, producers, actors and anchorpersons intend to bring about a revolutionary change in the people’s perception, they can do it easily. Television should broadcast programmes on the issue of relationships.

Sexual element also has a major place in this perspective. Sexual perversion in adults results from the problems in the family. A great number of boys who are ill-treated by their fathers and mothers become interested in the opposite sex. Usually the girls older than them become the centre of their attention. Such attitudes lead to the formation of a sick society. Boys indulging in immoral activities can also be involved in homosexual relationships. They can be having physical relationship with older men. In this way they try to cover the lack of intimacy with their fathers. It is a wish on their part to fulfill this need of love and warmth by mixing up with people of their father’s age. It is a symptom of mental sickness.

These are the problems that young boys can face if they do not have a close relation with their fathers. So, the society should be able to handle such youngsters carefully. Also there is a dire need that both the fathers and sons realize their responsibilities and rights towards themselves. Thus they can not only maintain a balance and stability in their lives but also can form the basis of a strong and healthy society.

© Copyright 2009 S.B. Butt (summbalbutt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1576004-Fathers-and-Sons