*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1576399-Three-Sheets-Gone-By
Rated: E · Other · Self Help · #1576399
How my mind felt while dealing with sobriety.
Upon opening my eyes, I see only sorrow. For each and every day brings new unfulfilled hope. This feeling of unchanging chaos of soulless beings fills my heart with contempt for mortal man.
The hate fills my mind with rage and emptiness. Why should I feel anymore? Why should I care anymore? Why oh why can I not see anymore?

The brightness of tomorrow never seemed so powerful. The rays of hope peeked through my soul. The sadness submitted to me. What changed within me? Where am I?

I was there a minute ago, but now I am lost to myself. I fight for my very existence, but the resistance is broken. I am broken. My thoughts are seeping through my ears.
No more shall I find myself. I have lost my will to bring feeling into this world. The all consuming blackness of the soulless wanderer steals my thought with each passing second.

I can not fight anymore my body, my mind, my heart can not bare to go on. I close my eyes to the coming darkness. Winds rush my heart and sweeps it away. The water rushes to wipe
my mind. The earth my body goes. I can not feel, I can not hide myself anymore.

The blackness stirs no more. The darkness silent evermore. My soul is peace and my mind is thought.

With the changing winds and the flowing water of life. I find my frameless soul. The brightness of today brings a bead of hope for each and all that follow. I feel the rage, but it no longer fills me.

The blackness is no longer all consuming. Though it will always be with me. My mind no longer is punished by darkness. Why we are and who am I?
© Copyright 2009 Cameron (grofit44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1576399-Three-Sheets-Gone-By