*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1576593-The-Legend-of-X--the-Historian
by Chris
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1576593
In every legend there is a shred of truth, care to find how much. Chp 1, please critique
"Come on Mr. Storyteller, just one more before we have to go in." Wined a little blond boy with green eyes whilst pulling on the sleeve of a elderly gentleman.

"Mr. Storyteller, Mr. Storyteller there is a man in a suit who said he was looking for you." Yelled a little girl whom was running from the entrance of the small village where the gentleman was staying. "Now, now you two calm down,David it's getting late. Your mother is preparing supper you should be with her, there will be plenty of time for stories tomorrow. As for you Jenipher, would you please point me in the direction of this man and then hurry home with your brother." His warm and rugged old voice calming the children if only for a minute. "Alright" replied the children, Jenipher pointed to the front of the village to a young man in a black suit holding a travel cloak in his right hand and bag slung over his left shoulder "thank you miss" said the Storyteller taking a deep bow "now run on home with your brother."

"So who is this weary traveler, who's come looking for me." Thought the Storyteller as he walked over to the man. "Good evening sir" spoke the Storyteller as he greeted the young man. "Hello my name is Amos Caiaphas Taylor, I'm a student from the Central Roman College of History and I'd like to ask you a few questions....."

"About The Legend of X I presume." The storyteller interrupted. "How did you know what I wanted" Asked John still a little shocked? "If people ask me questions it only applies to my stories and seeing as I only tell stories about X I made the logical jump about what you would ask." The Storyteller replied in a direct tone. ".....Are you the Storyteller?" Asked Amos still a little shocked from the Storyteller's interruption and tone? "I've been called that along with many other names" replied the Storyteller "what should I call you then?" Asked Amos. "I think the former will serve us well." Replied the Storyteller.

"But enough of these formalities, come you look tired and hungry from your travels why don't you stay with me tonight and I'll answer your questions in the morning." Said the Storyteller his warm voice returning again as he gestured for the man to follow him back to his home. When they arrived back to the Storyteller's home John was shown a room and told not to unpack his stuff because he would not be staying for to long, The storyteller gave Amos some soup and served himself some they ate and then wet to bed not saying word to each other the rest of the night.

"Hey wake up, wake up boy", Amos squinted his eyes seeing the Storyteller shaking his shoulder, "come on now get up" repeated the Storyteller. "whats going on?" Asked Amos, "you said you had questions, well I believe I have answers." Replied the Storyteller. The Storyteller waited for Amos to get dressed and grab his bag, "are you ready yet, the children in this village are easier to get moving" complained the Storyteller, "You know for wise old man you seem to be real impatient".

"when you get to be my age you don't want people wasting your time, you never know how much of it you have left." Replied the Storyteller. "Alright whats so important that you had wake me before the crack of dawn?" asked Amos.

"You want to know about X don't you, then I figured we should start at the beginning" replied the Storyteller,"and that requires us to get up early, that and I'd like to see what you think you already know, now come on lets head out to the camp sight." What do you mean what I think I know" returned Amos defensively "you know all the stuff those Roman pansies have fed you, come on tell me,just because i tell the stories doesn't mean I don't like to hear them" replied the Storyteller .

"Alright, let's see where to start, where to start..., well Historically X is mentioned as one of the generals who led the combined simultaneous assault on the roman empire 200 years ago, possibly the largest military operation in history during WWII, and one that led to the fall of the Roman Empire and marks the rise of the U.S. to super power status" Stated Amos.

"That's all basic history, what of the legend? What does roman lore say about X" asked the Storyteller.



© Copyright 2009 Chris (fireandfaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1576593-The-Legend-of-X--the-Historian