*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577276-Ch-8-I-secretly-hate-and-love-you
by Amica
Rated: E · Chapter · Entertainment · #1577276
Just when you thought you knew someone well enough...you really don't.
It's the day before the dance and Greg being so eager, decided to ask me out on a date. I accepted and why not though right? Anyways, I've already bought my dress for the dance along with Johanna. She picked out this ballerina looking dress, but she plans on spray painting it to make her look like a zombie punk princess. I picked out this purple doll dress. It was cute when I tried it on. I don't really plan on getting all dressed up for a dance. Especially for Halloween. So, time to talk about Greg's date.

After school he took me to his aunt's ice cream place. We shared a banana split together, then just went for a walk around the town. At least this date seemed less bizarre than Miguels. He was a real gentleman; opening doors for me, pulling out the seat, offering his jacket when I would get cold (but it didn't smell like Miguels)... he was really into me. I could tell because he told me so. I blushed a little and he noticed that. He had the cutest chuckle. It was around 7 pm when the sun was setting. We sat down on a bench overlooking the bay. Started just talking and getting to know each other. We were having a nice date. It seemed like a pretty romantic one too.

He then brought up a topic that was a little too serious for a first date for me. At first I thought he was just playing around, until he didn't laugh when I made a sarcastic remark. He asked me about Miguel, and what was going on between us. I told him nothing was going on between us (I sensed a little bit of jealousy in his eyes). He didn't seem to understand it. So I went to my straight-face mode. I looked him straight in the eye and told him so that Miguel was just a friend. Then I noticed his eyes weren't light gray, but were a bit darker. Just like what happened to Miguel's eyes. He told me that Miguel shouldn't be trusted and that he isn't who he says he is. I'm all about jealousy and being fought over, but I didn't like it when he would say stuff about Miguel like that. It was just pure impulse that I defended Miguel. Seeing as I knew little about him, but I knew he wasn't that bad. All of a sudden Miguel appeared out of the blue.

He heard someone getting flustered (most probably it was me when I was defending Miguel) and his name. He had his hands in his pockets and was as serious as Greg. The both of them were giving each other the dirty look. Greg suddenly held me close to him, as if to make sure Miguel wasn't going to take me away. I asked what was going on, and Greg said that everything's ok between him and Miguel. Miguel slyly walked off...leaving me and Greg alone again. I demanded to know what just happened. Greg didn't seem to hear me and tried to make a move, making it seem like the last minute did not just happen. I pushed him away making assuring him that I wasn't in the mood. He kept on insisting to at least have a kiss on the cheek, but even that I didn't let him do. He started getting a little aggressive, his eyes completely dark with lust and the fact that he couldn't keep his hands off me (what a jerk!) touching me almost everywhere!

I closed my eyes almost ready to surrender to his whim, when I felt Greg's weight come off me. I sat up and noticed Miguel in front of me while Greg was on the ground. I'm guessing he got punched (which I would've done if I was just as big as Greg) and I personally think he deserves it. Miguel was 'my hero' so to speak for helping me give Greg the message I would've wanted to give him if I could. Feeling all protected by Miguel I told Greg I don't want to go to the dance with him. He walked away and said we'd pay for it. He got up, holding his right eye and walked away madly. I walked away as well, for I didn't see how things could've gotten worse.

Miguel followed me home just to make sure I was home safe. Along the way, I was thinking to myself if Miguel should be my date to the dance tomorrow instead of Greg. As a way of thanking him for what he did. So before I went inside the house, I turned to face Miguel to say thank you and he beat me to it by saying 'you're welcome'. I had a slight smile and he smiled back. As if he knew what I was planning to ask, he stayed there, staring at me. I just finally gave in to his 'say it already' stare and asked him to the dance tomorrow. I apologized for making it so last minute, but he just chuckled and accepted it. Saying that he'll come up with something magical by tomorrow. I gave him a hug which felt so nice and safe, especially after what just happened, and went inside.

It's already 10 pm and I got to get ready for bed. I'm pretty tired. Even though I'm sure I won't be able to sleep until probably in the early morning. I've noticed that bizarre things always happen to me, but Miguel always manages to be there. Right place right time you think? Anyways, I don't really want to linger my thoughts around tonight too much. All I know is that Miguel will be my date for tomorrow. My personal bodyguard. Haha. I hope Greg is ok though, even though I now know his real side which is pretty disgusting. I guess I'll just have to wait for tomorrow's coming. Till the next entry....
© Copyright 2009 Amica (purplemunster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577276-Ch-8-I-secretly-hate-and-love-you