*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577419-Gifted-or-cursed
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1577419
introduction of book - As I do every night I think
It’s a sunny Sunday morning and as usual my mum came into my room to tell me she was going out shopping I tiredly said bye and fell back to sleep. A few minutes later I awoke again. I got dressed and brushed my long brown hair and my teeth and stumbled down the stairs. 12 steps in counting. I walked into the living room and looked around then went up to the back door and opened it, I stepped out into the morning light into our average size garden, did the biggest jump I could do spread my wings, flapped hard twice and took of into the direction of the shops. My name is Misty finches I am 12 years old and lets just say I have some ‘special gifts’, flying is just one of them. I was heading towards the local shops to get some early lunch, I saw a few trees near an empty street and carefully avoiding the tree branches landed on a small patch of grass. I made my wings disappear (another use-full advantage) and headed into a short alleyway which smelled like paint I crossed the small car park and walked in to shop. As I entered the cashier smiled at me I gave a quick smile back, went towards the fridge and grab a bottle of coke then turned into the next aisle and picked out a mustard and ham sandwich. I went to the queue and was served by the same lady that had smiled at me, close up she looked quite old about sixty or seventy years old, she said “its nice to see young people up so early” (it was only 10Am) I smiled back being kind and handed her some of my pocket money, I got 5p change. I crossed the car park again and went through the alleyway back behind the trees I decided to teleport this time and with a poof I was back just as my mum walked through the door.
© Copyright 2009 Heather (heatherstar87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577419-Gifted-or-cursed