*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1578263-Euthanasia
Rated: ASR · Article · Educational · #1578263
So I have my views, you have yours. Like mine? Tell me. Hate it? Dont.
To die, though feared, shouldn’t be, as it is only another step towards the place we are meant to be forever. We are never too young to die, Never too rich, too poor, too important. Those of us who think themselves important, rich and more-or-less arrogant people, should be frowned upon when they pay immense amounts of money for stupid methods for what they think is immortality. Being cryogenically frozen, things full of nonsense such as spells or potions or remedies to stop death, or even crazier things such as chants or creams that 'Reduce the years'. Pfft. Yeh right. Even though a few of us are very lucky to have minds and are able to realise that these are fake and in no way are going to stop the thing that they try to force back, others just casually hand over their life savings, their health, and their stupidity then grows. My point, considering I rhymed off all those idiotic exscuses for miracles, is that why pay to try and keep death away, when it wont work, when you could easily pay for it to come, and it most certainly, definately, un-deniably, will kill you.

The fact it is feared comes back to view, but why fear it? It could be as normal as a birthday, a holiday, a day out, but no. We cower, we beg, we try to force ourselves to think that there is a way and we have a sporting chance that we will live longer than thought of. Im not stressing the point to go and ask someone or pay for someone to help kill yourself. No. I'm merely saying why waste what seems to be so important to some people, money, when you could use it for less stupid, yet still stupid, things and stop cowering in fear when you see the fact coming that you might actually die today and that the thing you are doing or the thing that you are going to do, planning to do, thinking about doing, could cause your life to come to a complete, and utter, hault. So, I merely state the fact, we should not fear death, but embrace it, welcome it, almost wish to not say goodbye because it may hurt too much. Death is a friend so hope for it to call to you, give you tasters of what is to come, give you previews so you may probably want death even more. I say this because a quote that seems to prevent a few types of heartbreak and though I have two others that help prevent the remaining few that threaten to engulf those who do not heed the word of a small 13 year old, is true to its word and matches our topic with a great fondness and longing. Do not mourn a lost loved one, when heaven gained an angel. And there it is. The quote that helps so many but is exscused or ignored by so many others. I do not put forward the point of there being a heaven, a hell, or even a place in between but I do say that where ever we go afterwards, we will never regret holding hands with the true cause of our non-existent loneliness, death as it were, would only bow and say 'All part of the job, enjoy your day' Of course I do have views on the whole Atheist, Christian, and any other religion that seems to have views, but I will not share them in this article, but will save my ranting for the next one.

This brings me back to our topic, the quote, it states a loved one, a friend, someone calling dearly for help or a hand to stop suffering but mostly a helpline that will surfice the need to call out for death when it will so helpfully be brought to us. If your friend, loved one, inner self for all, asked for this…would you help? Would you nod and dismiss it till the day it finally came when you helped them end the endless gnawing at their sanity? You all answer so carelessly, it shocks me so, that even though that little part of you itching to think about it and put your self in that position after tearing my article into shreads and walking away, you lock it away, answer me almost too fast, and with that, you drop the key to the lock, it never did close though and so the thoughts come at a rush. Now, answer me again, but think it through. Pause, do not read on since you have the true answer whether it is the same one as the first, because now you have it securely, and should never let go. Never ever, ever, let go. Its an important answer and you should never forget it.

So back to the problem at hand, it seems there has always been some sort of argument against all forms of Euthanasia and so I feel almost compelled to give my views as I am doing. If someone wishes to die, why stop them? You say it is okay to waste money and time on trying to stop death and keep living, so why let them stop it, but not bring it. Contradicting yourself is not the answer. You cannot choose which side can and cannot be done, if one is allowed then so is the other, and with how much money made from the industries that give the illusion of pausing life, it will never be stopped. And so the answer to our problems may simply be to allow Euthanasia and gift the person that fortune to not have to stay here any longer than they want. Do not trap them here against their will, its wrong, inhumane, and unfair.

By Charley Killeen, Age 13
© Copyright 2009 Lady-Rawr-x (lady-rawr-x at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1578263-Euthanasia