*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1579749-My-Darker-Half
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1579749
This is a story of a girl who struggles with a darker side of herself
I looked up and there she was again. The sleek body, a walk that flows like water, and the eyes that glow like the devil’s.

“Did you miss me?” she caressed the words in that silky voice.
“Go away.”
“Don’t be like that.”
“I said ‘go away’”. I went to punch her, but she caught my wrist.
“You know you can’t escape me,” she warned me as I began to fall on my knees from the pain she was exerting on my wrist.

I shook my head; I didn’t want to believe her.

“Have you considered my master’s previous request?” she asked as she let go of my wrist.
“ I gave you my answer and it’s still no,” I rebutted as I got up.
She huffed. “I still don’t see why.”
“Because I don’t want to live forever in darkness!”
She laughed. “ I explained it last time. It’s all a bunch of lies. Just look at everything he could give you.”

She showed me.

It was my life, the way I sometimes wished it would be. I saw my happiness; it was radiating out of every pore of my body. I saw my family smiling at my happiness and success in everything I did.

There was something wrong though. Something lurking deep beneath the surface. I focused on it and saw it. I was what my life would truly become if I joined him.

My life was shrouded in darkness. All I would want was power, and no one would stand in my way. Someone would try to stop me, and I would destroy them with my bare hands. My strength was that of a god, and my drive was that of a rogue lioness.

Beneath me were the people I loved. They cast their cares on me from the shadows. The still loved me, but it didn’t matter to me. On the ground, I saw the one I loved, lifeless, cold, and empty. I killed him.

“No!” I shouted as I looked away. “I won’t do this.”
She smiled sinisterly. “You may say that, but you will give in one day.”
“In the name of Jesus, I demand you to go!” I yelled as I punched the mirror.

She was gone and relief swept through me.

“You can’t escape, Christine. He will have you,” she hissed to me from nowhere.

I looked down at my bloody fist and shuddered. This won’t happen, I wouldn’t let it. It wouldn’t be the blood of my loved ones on my hands.

I was firm in my beliefs. My faith could move a mountain, and I was sure of what I wanted. I knew though that she and others like her would always be there, lurking in the shadows.

Despite it all, I knew she would never leave me. She was the snake around my shoulders, my dark side, my alter ego, the demon in me.
© Copyright 2009 LivesHisDream (chechizme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1579749-My-Darker-Half