*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580030-Death-of-MJ
by dev
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1580030
MJ was dead. The news did leave a lasting impact on my mind.
Michael Jackson had died. The news came to me early one morning from my girlfriend, while I was still sleeping. She wanted to cuddle and sleep with me and said it as a matter of fact. It did not really bother me at that point and I shifted to make space for her, hugged her and went back to sleep.

My grandmother died. Let me give you a brief history on my relationship with her. I spent the first three years of my life with her. She was the first woman in my life who I connected with. I vaguely remember when I was a child and people asked me who I'd marry when I grew up, my answer was always her. Could the oedepus theory work in this way with my grandmother? I did not have an answer to that but at that point I was extremely upset, for the one person in the world who I loved the most was her, undoubtedly. I had to go see her. I did not know what the point was but I had this hope that I could save her, bring her back from the dead. I cried and cried and ran to reach her as fast as I could, and got there fairly quickly. She lived in a town called Gorakhpur, in UP which was about sixteen hundred kilometers from Mumbai, where I lived. I got there nonetheless and saw her lying motionless on her bed. People, who had gathered around her, kept saying how relaxed she looked and how blissful her appearance was. I resented that, I wanted her to get right back up and look as tense as ever, and even shout at a few people. I was still howling, tears rolled down my cheeks and kept dropping on the floor, creating a small puddle around me. I took the last few steps towards her, they seemed to take a longer time than my entire journey from Mumbai. I begged her to get up. She wouldn't. I ran out of the house and ran towards the medical college, it was the best medical facilty in the town. When I reached I asked all the doctors and the students what I could do to get her back. They all said the same thing, nothing. I did not want to return home and I sat there and lit a cigarette. I took my first drag and exhaled when I overheard a couple of students and a teacher talking amongst themselves about a vaccination, an antidote for death, as they walked past behind me. I quickly stubbed out the cigarette and sneakily followed the group. They walked into a laboratory and started conducting experiments on the vaccination. First a dead monkey came alive, then a dead rat and finally a pig. I had to get my hands on this vaccination, and quick. They had no plans of leaving the laboratory, so there was no chance of me stealing the vaccination. I had to talk to them. I entered the room, they all turned around and noticed me. They knew who I was and why I had come but they all shook their heads as if to say 'NO'. I sighed and kept on walking towards them, they did not ask me to leave. I think they enjoyed the power they had over me at that time, but I was more than willing to let them enjoy that power. I went down on my knees and begged them, they all looked down at me and gave me a sly smirk. Their smirks had the same angle and the same width of their lips. Finally the head doctor gave in and smiled. I knew that my work was done, he gave me a syringe with a full dose of the vaccination and he asked me to run back and jab the syringe right in her heart. I ran, but the weight of it was too much. I could not run fast, I was getting tired and home seemed far away. The sun suddenly seemed to close in on me and I got drenched in my own sweat. But I did not give up and kept running. My body was dehydrated, my muscles developed cramps and my vision slowly became blurred. I still kept running. The journey home seemed to take an eternity. Finally I made it and went straight up to her. But this time her body was not motionless, it was already moving, even without the dose of the vaccination. I became hesitant and looked around. The group of doctors were standing right behind me. They asked me to go on and do it. I gestured to them that she was already moving. They nodded as if they knew but they still asked me to do it. I turned around, took aim, closed my eyes and jabbed the syringe. I opened my eyes slowly to see what had happened, and found myself lying next to my girlfriend. She was still asleep.

I was disturbed, but glad to realise that it was just a dream. I called her up immediately and she was as alive and tense as ever. But now I did not want her to remain in that tension.

Michael Jackson was still dead. Upsetting, but that I could live with.
© Copyright 2009 dev (dev_0810 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580030-Death-of-MJ