*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581640-Wolven-Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1581640
This is the prologue to the book I'm writing called: Wolven. Let me know what you think
                                                 Prologue



         A fire burned behind his eyes that seemed would be the equivalent to a thousand raging forest fires. There was no mercy, no pity, no compassion left within them, only the desire to kill. The desire to kill the last of the bloodline. Kill him and become Alpha, Logan knew that much of his plan.

         The flames from the bonfire licked at the sky and sent relentless waves of heat pouring over all of them.  Fire seemed to be all around them tonight, behind every surface, and underneath every pretense. There was another small fire still yet to be heard or recognized, one that was slowly gaining strength and rising up, continuing to burn faster and faster. This fire had lay dormant within Logan up until this very point, and now everything was feeding the flame. The snarls, growling, and cheers from the Wolven that formed a large circle around them, every snapped and fractured bone within his body, and there were quite a few of them, all that pain shifted into something else: fire. It was then, when Logan realized that he had the desire to fight and the determination to fight win. He understood that he would fight, fight for everything he had ever cared for in this lifetime.

         His hands dug into the hard earth as he focused on this fire, and looked up into the eyes of the man who was so intent on killing him tonight, that he could not see any other outcome. But it was this outcome that Logan must fight for. Despite all the broken bones he felt sting with pain as he slowly tried to stand upon them, and even more pain when a Wolven who stood behind him kicked him back down on the harsh cold ground. More than the fear of death, which he knew would come to greet him no matter what outcome reached tonight. Logan raced against time and pain now, not knowing exactly how long he had before one of the injuries finally took over him, and finished the job before he could stop all this. The only regret that stung him now, on what he was sure was the precipice of death, was not being able to say goodbye.

         The sky turned a endless shade of black around them, and they all knew what was about to begin, as the excitement from the Wolven grew. "This is it. One more time to phase, one last chance." Logan said a silent goodbye to the cold silver wrapped around his finger and made peace with never knowing what was to become of its counterpart. He rose, for what would be the last time, and started the phase.........
© Copyright 2009 S.H. Hicks (soaringhawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581640-Wolven-Prologue