*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582061-My-Life-and-Back
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1582061
A short story following the main character Allison and her life troubles.
Walking through Jamesfield Academy Park alone, was awkward. I'm so used to walking with Ryan, Melanie, Jason or someone; walking alone was eerie. That's when I saw my car, the 2008 Nissan Murano, which my mom got me for my 18th birthday, the only thing was, it was missing something. That something, was me. Just a week ago, I had gotten my license suspended for taking a spin around Salinas, and driving without insurance. My insurance was supposed to come that day, with my luck, it didn't happen. As I opened the passenger side door, Eric had the same smirk he had on for the past two days. He was loving this, picking me up in my brand new car, my amazing birthday gift, and loving the fact that I wasn't allowed to get behind the wheel.
"Just shut up" I said to him, making a slapping sound as my books fell to my lap.
"What did I do?" He asked, pulling away.
I rolled my eyes and let the conversation drop. I really didn't understand why I couldn't get a ride with Jason or Ryan, they could've left my car, brand new, in the driveway with the big red bow on it, not have my freaking brother drive my car. Eric pulled up in front of the house, and as I was gathering up my books, I was wondering why he wasn't turning off the engine, parking, or pulling into the driveway. Before I opened the door, I needed to ask.
"Aren't you going to pull into the driveway?"
"No, I'm going out."
My jaw dropped to the floor, "You've got to be kidding me. You're going out in my car. Lovely, just lovely." Before he could say a word, I stepped out and slammed the door shut. Now, this was getting ridiculous. As he drove off, probably pissed, I turned to face the front of our house. I walked staright across the lawn, not even caring if I got grass stains on my shoes. I reached the screen door, and noticed the fall wreath on the wooden door. My mom was already decorating. I pushed open the front door and shut it behind me. Like always, no one was home, I had the house to myself, for a little while. I dropped my books on the couch, next to my phone that i had forgotten this morning, I then went into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator, and took a Pepsi. I shut the door, and turned around to the island in the middle of the kitchen, to find the mail on the table. Eric had obviously been home. I sorted through the mail, making three seperate piles on the countertop, most of them were bills, and a big enevelope from NYU for Eric. Nothing ever came in the mail for me, unless it was my Seventeen magazine, or a bunch of junk mail. I took a sip of my soda, and put the big enevelope in Eric's pile, and then something caught my eye. It read, my name, my address, and the zip code, then on the top right-hand corner it said 'GEICO Insurance Company'. my eyes were bulging out of their sockets; I didn't know what to do next, if I should call my mom or something. I was shocked to finally see my insurance here, I could, probably, finally drive my car. I didn't let the excitement of driving get to me. I glanced up at the clock realizing I needed to get ready for soccer practice, I only had a half-hour, and Amelia would be here soon. Entering the living room, I put my soda on the coffee table, and quickly headed upstairs. I opened my poster covered door, to a room thats so messy; you can't even see the floor. I was pretty disgusted with my own room, but I never had enough time to clean it. Since my bag was already packed, I just needed to get my uniform on.  After throwing on the navy blue basketball shorts, and the matching number14, jersey, I quickly put my hair in a messy ponytail, grabbed my back, and headed back downstairs. Amelia pulled up in front of the house, in her mom's Nissan Altima, the one she says she hates. Although, Amelia had just moved here about two weeks ago, I knew a lot about her already, she's into those sports cars, and different exotic fashions. Let's not forget she moved here from Australia, and she was drop dead gorgeous. As I opened the car door, I was greeted by The White Tie Affair's new song 'Candle', and Amelia bobbing her head to the beat. I slung my bag over, so it was now resting on my legs, and shut the door.
"Hey!" Amelia said cheerfully, after the song ended, she turned it down just a tad, so we could talk.
"Hey" I said, still listening to the radio.
"I really don't feel like going to practice", she said making a left onto the main road.
"Me either. But, we have to, the tournament is Saturday."
"I know. That's what sucks."
I chuckled at her, she loved sports, she loved tournaments, she loved winning, but she hated going to practice. When we got to the high school, she parked in our usual spot, and we both got out reluctantly.
"Oh! The star players are here!" Ms. White announced in her ever-so-cheerful voice, as we reached the field. Amelia turned to me, and rolled her eyes. Ms. White does this at every practice, it was annoying.
"Yeah, we're here and ready to go!" I said in my best  'I'm-so-happy-to-be-here' voice.
© Copyright 2009 kaycakesx (kaycakesx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582061-My-Life-and-Back