*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582278-The-long-way-home
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Dark · #1582278
Cassie's walking from university, on her way home she'll discover that she is followed.
"Leave me alone!Why are you doing this to me?" Cassie could not get these words out of her mind. She was still under trauma and she knew those dreadful moments would pursue her for the rest of her existence. However, she thanked God for still being alive.



It was a cold and gloomy winter evening. The wind was howling, pushing the trees' branches in all directions. The clouds had never been so grey; yet, no rain was falling. While hearing the whistle of the wind which made her shiver, Cassie tightened her arms around her chest. She was alone, walking through the mist, on the long way home.



Accustomed traveling by car, Cassie had never walked home before. However, that day was unusual: she had stayed longer at the University for some Research Work, and her car was under repair. It did not take her long to realize that the road home would not be short.



The sound of her own footsteps was the only thing she could hear. "One two, one two...' she mumbled following their pace. She did not want her thoughts to evade to the numerous terrifying cases she had previously read in the daily Times. She quietly continued on her way.



All of a sudden, Cassie could hear another pair of footsteps behind her; they seemed to be approaching. She hesitated about turning back - debating with herself whether it was only an illusion; still, she fastened her steps. She felt her heart beat faster - it was unbearable - she decided to turn back. She then heard a loud piercing sound echoing through the deserted road; it took her a few seconds to realize that it was her own voice.



Cassie was now running as rapidly as she could. It was a man - she bet on it - she had the weird that he was quicker, too. The stranger was tall and well-built - he was dressed in black and had a cap on his head which hid his face. "Oh my God!" she screamed; knowing that she would not be able to continue anymore. She needed to take her breath. Her hair was pushed by the wind and her nose was cold. Suddenly, there was no sound - she turned back - he was gone.



Cassie approached an old abandoned house which she entered without any hesitation; with the hope of finding a phone or even someone who would come to her rescue. There it was dark, full of dust and mold, along with a weird freaky sound which made her heart nearly stop every time she put a foot on the ground. As she walked, searching in vain for something; she suddenly stopped. He was inside, she was certain of it.



Without loosing time, she dashed to a room and locked herself inside. With all her strength, she pushed a chest of drawers against the door so as to offer more resistance to the stranger. Cassie began to search for a weapon like a madman - throwing everything here and there. After minutes of obstination, she finally found the appropriate one - a big and heavy sabre.



A loud knock on the door made her jump. He knocked again and again, each time louder and stronger. "Open the door Cassie!" he shouted in an authoritative tone like a maniac from a horror movie. "How did he know my name?" she thought. Cassie was watching at the chest in despair - old and rusty - it was not going to resist.



Teas was rolling down her cheeks. 'Leave me alone!Why are you doing this to me?" she cried, holding the sabre firmly in her hands. With a loud bang, the chest fell down - Cassie shrieked. Taken by surprise, Cassie felt a heavy blow across her head, causing her to fall on her knees. He threw the sabre a few meters away and held her by the legs while slapping her strongly on the face; but she was not going to give up. Trying to free herself, she struggered frantically; ending in giving him a kick on her head. However, the man grabbed her sweater.



Cassie fought and crept to reach the sabre. With much difficulty, she finally managed to lift it up. She did not think twice before decapitating the man. Blood oozed from everywhere, spilling on her face. Terrified, she ran all the way home.



She could not believed that she was out of this nightmare, safe and sound.
© Copyright 2009 Mukariim (geekiegirl7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582278-The-long-way-home