*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582726-MotherofaTwoYearOld-Other-Peoples-Kids
Rated: E · Article · Comedy · #1582726
MOAT-YO speaks out about "other people's kids". Hilarious read that anyone can relate to!
Normally I’m not a big fan of other people’s kids.  They scream, they kick, they bite, and have a vast vocabulary consisting mostly of “no”.  You all know exactly what I’m talking about.  Like those trips to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner – those trips that are supposed to be quick because you are starving and have to feed your group before soccer practice, or ballet practice, or bible study, or whatever it is.  But go figure that’s the same night other people decide to bring their kids to the store, and I’ll be darned if I can hear myself think over the wailing, screaming, and fit throwing that’s going on two aisles away.  And what do we do?  Curse our luck and those “other people’s kids” and head for Taco Bell thinking everyone can just eat in the car on the way to the function.

But recently as I sat in church, I was reminded that really, other people’s kids are not always so bad.

I sat there doing my best to pay attention to what the guest speaker was saying.  Quickly scribbling scriptures in my notebook and studying on the applications toward my own life, I couldn’t help but notice the little tyke in the pew in front of me.
He’s cute.  Beautiful Asian complexion, about 2 ½ feet of height to go with his two and a half feet of age.  He’s climbing on the pews, crawling under the pews, and doing a darn good job of entertaining himself.  And it’s all Mom and Dad can do to keep him from pulling a Houdini and running down the aisle. 

Suddenly, our eyes meet.  Truly, it was love at first sight.

He looks at me, then throws his head back and laughs with pure joy.  I beam as he picks up his sippie cup, and - with that rock solid plastic blue nipple pointed at me - proceeds to make machine gun sound effects in an attempt to mow down his true love, merely moments after meeting her.

Dad takes on a mortified look and pulls the little runt over into his lap.  My little buddy looks at me from his new prison and smirks.  My attempt at keeping my laughter to myself is failing miserably, but the two of us know the truth.

Two year olds can get away with nearly anything.  Why?  Because they’re so gosh darn cute!  I love other people’s kids!
© Copyright 2009 T.J. Charley (tisadoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582726-MotherofaTwoYearOld-Other-Peoples-Kids