*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584069-vampire-in-the-night
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1584069
about a vampire who hunts up in the mountens where people come and stay in there cottages
“Hello? Who’s there? I know someone is there, I can here you breathing!”
Said Sara as she looked for a flashlight to help her see in the darkness.
”This is just like all the horror movies I have ever seen, first you hear someone walking around in the house, then the power goes out, and then someone dies… but not today, not if I have anything to do about it” thought Sara as she scrambled for a flashlight or even a weapon she could hold that would make her feel safer in her own home. Then, she remembered, the flashlight she kept in her desk in case the power went out. She rushed through the darkened hallway with her footsteps echoing behind her as she ran into the room, and there it was, in plain view. On top of the desk was the flashlight. She sighed with relief, as she walked over and pick up the flashlight.
”At least now I can see…” she said as she walked into the pitch-black living room with only the light of the flashlight guiding her way, and then she heard footsteps beside her. She froze in fear to think that someone has been watching her in her own home. She took a deep breath and swung around and pointed her flashlight in the direction of the sound of footsteps. Suddenly a loud cry echoed through the house.
Sara with her eyes closed holding on to the flashlight with all her might was frozen in fear. A couple of minutes have pasted and nothing had happen. Sara slowly opened her eyes, and realized that she was looking into her own reflection in the mirror.
Sara laughed awkwardly as she walked over to the mirror to fix her long blond hair noticing that she had manage to spill some mustered on her white button up shirts that seemed to fit perfectly to her hour glass shaped body, after eating supper when the power went out. As she was looking in the mirror she heard scratching noises over her head.
”Don’t tell me I got worried over just an animal in the crawl space. There’s no way someone could fit up there.” Sara said a little annoyed with herself.
She lifted the flashlight into the air and looked up and froze. She was staring at feet and handprints on the ceiling. She dropped the flashlight and looked onto the desk sitting in front of her and grabbed some scissors and made a strait line for the way out of the house.
”How is that possible?” thought Sara as she ran out of the cottage. Sara left the safety of her own cottage and made a run for the car. As she left the cottage she heard laughing, and then a mans voice saying,
”So, the hunt begins.”
Sara jumped into the car and put her hand in her pocket to get her keys and then she remembered. She had grabbed the scissors but forgot to grabbed the keys right beside them.
”No way am I going in there. That how all the girls die in the movies.” Said Sara as
She hopped out and looked in all directions to make sure it was safe. Nothing but trees in all directs from her and the one path that leads to the dirt road. Sara thought to herself and came to the conclusion that she would be better off making a run for it to the nearest house to hers. She took off and ran onto the dirt path and made a sharp turn left and started sprinting for the nearest neighbour. As she was running she could see a man walking in her direction thinking that there was no way the man in her house could out run her this far, she decided to keep going strait and ask him for help. As she was getting closer and closer to him she realized that the man was probably homeless since it looked like he hadn’t shaved in a long time, his paints were dirty, he was wearing no shoes, and his shirt was ripped on the right arm. Sara ran up with her hands now on her knees gasping for breath. Sara managed to look him into his blue eyes and she started to tear up ”Please sir, can you help me?” said Sara grasping for breath.
The blue eyed man, smiled as he gazed into her eyes.
”Sure, what’s the problem?” said the man
Sara fell to her knees and thanked god that someone could help.
”Well? What’s the problem?” Said the man as he leaned in closer to her.
”There was someone in my house, and I think he is following me!”
”Oh, and where there footsteps on the ceiling?”
”Yes! How did you know?” said Sara a little frightened on how this stranger could now there where footsteps on the ceiling. The man leaned in even closer until he was by her ear and she could feel his warm breath blowing down onto her neck.
”Because, it was me, I put them there.”
Sara fell backwards and screamed hopping that someone might have heard her cry for help.
”Don’t scream. We don’t want to wake the neighbours up.” Said the man with a chuckle. Now toying with his latest soon to be victim He grabbed Sara by her hair as she was kicking and brought her closer to him, he pulled her head over to one side moved his mouth towards her neck where Sara could feel his warm breath once again breathing down her neck. Sara trying to kick him off remembered she had the scissors in her back pocket. Sara reached for the scissors with the blue-eyed man now drooling on her neck.
Sara thrusting the scissors into the mans head and yelling
”GET OFF OF ME YOU FREAK!”  Sara fell to the ground as the man let go of her hair and fell down onto his knees screaming in pain. She started to crawl hopping that the man is now dead behind her now. Sara staggered as she tried to get up on her two feet, and as she stood up there was the man, scissors in his head standing in front of her.
”How is this possible!” screamed Sara.
The blue-eyed man pulled out the scissors from his head, and just as he did the hole in his head seemed to heal instantaneous.
”Freak? No, I don’t think so, a vampire is more like it.”  Said the man as he chuckled
”I was going to make it painless for you, but after that one, I think I am going to take my time with this and make you suffer.” Sara looking in all directions trying to figure a way out of this decided to make a run for it. She turned around and was about to make a run for it when she was pulled back by her hair and shoved onto the ground.
”Time to die” said the man staring into her eyes what felt like he was staring into her soul. He pushed backed her head and opened his mouth reviling his fangs and bit into her neck slowly drinking all her blood in her body. Thirty minutes latter and the blue-eyed man had finally drank her dry, he than took her head and ripped it off and lifted it into the moonlit night and stared into her cold dead stare and said,
”cant have you turning into a vampire now.” The man dropped her head on the side of the dirt road and jumped into the woods and vanished into the night.
© Copyright 2009 jpjj123 (jpjj123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584069-vampire-in-the-night