*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584106-Two-Ghouls
by Charla
Rated: E · Prose · Nonsense · #1584106
A description of a strange couple who happened to sit in front of me at a jazz concert.
They sat in the row ahead of me, two ghouls displaying their affection.  His hair was black and long and unkept.  It twisted down his back in knots, a mass of frizz which probably had never been washed.  His face was small and pinched, drawing attention to his dark, unintelligent eyes.  He leaned toward his mate, awkwardly invading her space.  The result was a pronounced hunch in his back.  The contrast between the two was startling.  Where he was slight and narrow, she was squat and round and a great deal cleaner.  But that last aspect may surely be attributed to her gender.  She would turn to her lover occasionally. Her face was too large with an upturned nose and thick lips.  I shivered as I looked at them, unable to keep the repulsed feeling from shining through my eyes.  I dared not think of the family they might raise and the generations of little horrors they might unleash.
© Copyright 2009 Charla (charlie4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584106-Two-Ghouls