*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584249-untitled-book
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1584249
just something I'm working on.
“I can’t believe we’re finally at Trail Hill!” I gasped as my best friend’s mom drove down the long, paved driveway at 6:15am.
“Yeah, I know!” Abigail, my best friend, said. “I can’t believe my mom actually drove us across three states with four girls and a horse trailer just to drop us off and then drive all the way back home.”
I nodded, and then said, “Wake up, sleepyheads!”
Abigail and I shook Rebecca and Morgan’s shoulders.
I stared out the windshield at what lay before me. The house was just huge, it had to be ten floors high - at least! It was modern, but obviously years and years old. It was brick, but a variety of blending colors. There were flowery vines growing up the sides - not so much that it was overgrown, but enough that it was almost majestic. It looked like something out of a fairytale book, with all the balconies, windows, and doors. There was a patio out front, and a never-ending front yard that had so many trees and a variety of flowers and hedges. The horse statues were breathtaking, there were so detailed.
To my surprise, there was a large fountain in the middle of the green lawn. It was shaped like three wild horses, galloping, and the ground the horses were on was the water overflowing into an elegant clear-water pond.
Nobody moved. No one spoke.
Rebecca poked my shoulder. “Look,” She whispered, and then pointed all around us.
There had to be at least ten corrals, paddocks, and pastures across the property. There were three arenas, each with fancy fencing fit for a championship horse show.
Then the barn came into view. It looked about like the main house, only quite a bit longer and not so wide. There had to be a zillion stalls inside it.
“This is crazy,” Morgan said.
“No, it’s more than crazy.” Abigail corrected.
“What is it, then?” Morgan asked loudly.
“I don’t know!” Abigail said, laughing.
Our four horses were making a lot of noise in the trailer, kicking at the sides and whinnying.
“Sounds like those beasts back there are ready to get out of that trailer,” Abigail’s mom noted. “Let’s find a place to park here and get them out of there.”
I led my Connemara gelding out of the trailer, and he pranced the whole way out, as if wanting to give a good first impression for the mares at Trail Hill.
© Copyright 2009 barrel_racer97 (barrel_racer97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584249-untitled-book