*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585351-A-New-Chapter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Adult · #1585351
Just some thoughts on life being a book...
A New Chapter-

Life in its truest form is a book. It has has a front cover (a beginning) and a back (an ending) but it is the pages in between that determines whether the book will be a good read. Your book has a choice of two authors... You can write the story yourself and may even possibly come up with an amazing story or you can let God write the story to your life and have it be a best seller!

Every day pages are adding up to tell the story of your life. The question then becomes "What is your story saying about you?" I guess the better question right now for me is what is MY story saying about me.

Looking back over the chapters that have been written in my book I am amazed at the life that is portrayed. Some chapters are comedic and others make my life seem like a thriller. There are chapters on friendships and some on love. There are times of victory and defeat, times of Godliness and Worldliness. times of hope and even despair. My story involves the romantic,the erotic, and forbidden but unrequited love, the heartache of love lost; pages of betrayal and abandonment. My life seems to be the ultimate mystery cause one never knows whats next.

So many times I have taken the pen into my own hand and tried to chart my own course. It has brought me to deaths door and back again.

Now I hand the pen back to the Author and Finisher of my faith, trusting that what comes next will be written by his own hand. You see it has come time for a new chapter and a new era in my life. A chapter that will take me to foreign lands and unfamilar territory. A chapter of letting go of the past behind me and embracing the future God has for me.

The door is opening and destiny beckons. I am compelled by a force stronger than I to see what lies on the other side. So hold my hand or let it go but either way I have a future untold. There are pages to be written and a world to be explored, and no matter what my chapters hold as long as the pen stays in the Masters hand, I will see the end of the story the way its always been planned!
© Copyright 2009 Cloven Tongues of Fire (cloventongues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585351-A-New-Chapter