*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585698-I-Believe
by Zodiac
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1585698
This is about what I believe in: Strength.
         I believe in strength.  Not physical strength exactly, but a general strength.  I believe in the strength to keep going; the strength of the mind, to learn what you can and harness it, like in The Dead Poet Society, they learned about the D.P.S. and built a club around it, to learn and expand their abilities.  And the strength of perseverance above all else.  I believe we all have strengths, many of them.  I believe weaknesses do not exist; they are only strengths-in-progress.
         If I didn’t have the strength I believed in, I wouldn’t believe in myself, I probably wouldn’t be here today.  I would not have the will to come to school EVERY DAY without missing a single minute of class.  I would not have the ability to shrug off nigh all harassment's and pains.  I would not have the ability to support my friends and their ideas and help them. I would not have the ability to survive if I did not believe.
         I do though; I have the strength and the belief in it that I will continue to never miss a day of school.  I will not miss a single class if I have any say in the matter.  I will remain a rock to the harassment's, lest they ever plant seeds of doubt in my conscious.  I will aid my friends in all ways, improving their character or giving suggestions to “what do I do?”  I will survive, just as Elie Wiesel did during the Holocaust in Night, because he believed in himself.
         I believe I have a great strength of the mind.  I have learned a great deal, and shunned no knowledge.  This doesn’t mean I forget some, but I spend my time learning each bit in hopes I won’t.  I’ve always academically achieved, to the greatest of my ability.  To do less is impossible for me.  I believe I have to achieve the highest I can, much unlike Holden in The Catcher in the Rye.
         I believe in my friends.  They lend me strength when I need it and support me when I’m on shaky ground.  They help me to my feet when I fall.  They give me earth-shattering high-fives that turn my hand purple for hours and hours, and cause my glasses to fly from my face for unknown reasons.  I believe they will stay by my side, like the teacher, Mr. Keeting, in The Dead Poet Society probably felt when all the children stood up and said “Oh captain, my captain.”  I believe they are as strong as I am.
         I believe in unity.  A single soul with great strength will tire eventually and will require aid.  Just so, I believe my friends and I will rush to the aid of anyone within our circle, sort of like the boys in The Lord of the Flies created tribes and supported each other for the most part.  Mind you, it is a large circle, encompassing more and more each day.  I believe the world will unite eventually.  I believe that won’t happen without a larger threat however.  Either that or one heck of a long time of talking.  I believe if the latter happens, I won’t live to see it.  But one can hope.
         I believe in a great many things, but strength above all.  I believe in the will to go on and the power the mind has.  I believe friendship is a powerful force that backs any belief or trait.  I believe that one day, however long it takes, that all the residents of Earth will be strong and stand up for each other against opposition.  I believe that we will survive together.  I believe in strength, do you?
© Copyright 2009 Zodiac (zodiacattack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585698-I-Believe