*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585728-Instant-Reaction--Body
Rated: E · Article · Teen · #1585728
A personal insight on human instant reaction, provided with experimental analyses.
    The hardest parts of my observation are how to observe and how to pinpoint the observation. To have a good start, I decided to risk my life to conduct an experimental crash. I rode my bicycle on Zhou Shan road, trying to distract myself from riding. The first observation was completed when I rode down from the small bridge. I almost stroke the coming bicycle which I can’t see before I ride to the top of bridge. After I stopped I recalled what I experienced just then. My observation started when I rode down the bridge fast and saw the coming bike. I was shocked for almost one second, but in a flicker of time later lots of information of how to avoid crashing clogged my brain. I pulled the brake, and fortunately, our bicycles hit only slightly.

    After this incident, I recorded my observation. I could not be sure whether this is the only reaction people have or is there any possibility. Therefore, I did another experiment on the other day. I was riding on Zhou Shan road again after the class dismissed. I kept in mind of my experiment, so I rode in the inverse direction. Soon, my bicycle and the other crashed. Neither of us pulled the brake, which was intentional and which I could tell from his face that he wasn’t. I fell on the ground, and his front tire was over my bike. He broke out some cursing and seemed resentful at me. After he rearranged himself, he left.

© Copyright 2009 StreamBell (reifsflame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585728-Instant-Reaction--Body