*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585997-Unexplained-and-Opened-Wide
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Philosophy · #1585997
A teenager's brain at 1:30 AM. Don't try to understand it at all.
<--------------------------------------------------------------------A Love-Hate Relationship--------------------------------------------------------------------------->

You built yourself a cross to nail yourself to. You look sad up there, alone and desperate, staring out at all of us looking for an answer. I don’t have one for you, but all I know is, you aren’t a martyr and you don’t need the spite and resentment of others to feel like you’re worth something. Other people aren’t going to put meaning into your life. You need to put meaning into your life. Society will cast its gaze upon you when you acknowledge how far into the distance your own eyes are staring. Always. There is no other way. Whether you consciously or subconsciously know it, your own view of yourself is reflected onto the view of the general populace. What are you, the anti-Christ? A lone sinner, too far gone to be redeemed? That isn’t true. Come on. You know it isn’t. You’re just small and confused like the rest of us, not worse, no better, a little different, but still crammed into the same boat. Humbling, isn’t it?

How do you get above it all? How do you beat the system? Get beyond it? Live without it? I have the answer. Do what you want, when you want, how you want, and don’t worry what they think. Love what you do. That’s right, love. One of the most highly evolved emotions. It can make you ecstatic or suicidal in quite literally a matter of seconds. The most passionate and twisted emotion of all, love is. It’s painful sometimes but the good feelings easily and overwhelmingly drown out the bad. It’s worth paying attention too.

You want to talk about my idols and influences? I don’t have any. I’m only influenced by those on the same level as me, and I can tell you right now I’m above the rest because I’m my only guide, other than my friend, Love, who even I foolishly betray sometimes. After all, you’re never going to be a saint if you blindly follow the masses on their boring journeys through life. So, is it self-confidence that helps you beat the system? Your massive ego? Determination? Fuck-all attitude? Maybe. Maybe all of them. Figure it out. You don’t need my help. You don’t need anybody’s help. You need yourself and your brain and your own power to live above the rest. Why are you still listening to my advice anyway? Fuck off! Go write your own philosophy!
© Copyright 2009 P. H. Valentine (rudegrrrl91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1585997-Unexplained-and-Opened-Wide