*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1586520-Pointless-Hope
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #1586520
Love is hope, without love, hope is pointless.
(Sorry it isn't in lines, don't have muh time right now, will work on it later)

The happiness shines in her eyes as she looks at him with love. He gazes back at her, she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen. Touching him tenderly, she lays beside him. Admiring, he makes love to her, his Everything. The passion is clear to see. They are each other's reason for living. Without each other where would they be?

As they finish, she checks the clock. It is time for her to go, she must meet her parents. They dress and kiss each other goodbye, little did they know it would really be their last goodbye. As she begins walking home, he gazes after her with sadness, regretting her having to go.

Almost to her house, her thoughts are filled of him, her perfection. She didn't notice the van riding slowly alongside her. The predator's eyes watched her longingly, anxious. No one was around. The door slid open, she didn't even have time to scream as she was snatched inside, it then quickly shut again. She was trapped. A rough, unfriendly hand grabbed over her mouth, preventing her from opening it. The last thing she remembered was brief pain to her head.

Tears slid down his face as he couldn't help but blame himself. He should have been there to protect her, his parents hadn't let him walk her home but he should have done so anyway. Now, three days after she went missing, he was a complete wreck. But he had hope, he had to one day see her again. She would be found and everything would be ok, the police were doing all they could.

She woke up in a dark, dank place. A cellar. Her head hurt, she obviously had been hit on it to knock her out. Her hands and feet were tied to the chair, and she was suffering from terror. The cellar door opened and she heard heavy footsteps. Her kidnapper. She screamed for help, already knowing it was hopeless. He touched her face, then went downward, stopping upon her breasts. He began to undress her as she continually begged him no. Her taker ignored her pleas as he entered with no remorse. That night, and many more to come, she would encounter continual rape and abuse.

He was beginning to lose hope as days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and eventually, months turned into a year. Then the process would restart. He missed the sound of her voice, the touch of her soft, frail body, her beauty and perfection. Would he ever see her again? He had to be strong, for her. She had to be alive.

Thoughts of him kept her strong, she knew she would one day make it out of this prison. She would be free once more. Then she could see him again. Her thoughts comforted her, kept her able to endure the abuse, physical and sexual. He was her purpose of living, she could make it for him.

It had been three years by now, he was more depressed than he had ever been as he slowly started to accept that she had to be dead. Three years and she had not been found yet. He no longer held any hope. He had found happiness and she had been stolen from him, never to return. Staring at the razorblade, he finally brought it to his wrist. He would take his life, like hers would've been taken. He stared at the pouring blood, smiling, maybe now he could be happy again.

After four years of being locked away, each day enduring so much, she was finally found. A report had been filed against her kidnapper from another girl he had attempted to take. She had escaped and ran to the police. He was then placed in prison and she had been found and rescued. Finally she would once more see her long lost lover.

Upon returning home, she was informed about his death. She dropped to her knees and broke down. After all that had happened, the only thing that kept her strong was the thought of seeing him once more. Now, she never would. Her reason for living, for hoping, had been pointless. She had lost everything, now, she had nothing.
© Copyright 2009 BloodRage (bloodrage197 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1586520-Pointless-Hope