*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1586984-Not-A-Choice
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1586984
Being gay at a young age is not an easy thing to cope with.
My challenged and stressed life began when I was 11. You hear from people that you don't decide to be gay until you are in your twenties. I strongly disagree. Most kids that I have talked to online became gay when they decided the could accept that they were. I so far have only told two people, (my most trusted friends,) and i wish I could tell more people.Being gay probably isn't accepted as much as it should be. I think that more people should just accept it as a way of life in modern- day living. It's part of our lifestyle in the Twenty First century.
It's really hard to be happy when you are gay. I'm not affraid to admit that I'm gay in text or writing, but for some reason, I cannot verbly say the two, simple words. I guess why I'm writing this is because I want people to know what it's like to be gay. Especially when you can't tell anyone.
Being gay isn't a choice. Why would you want to choose to be hated, made fun of, and not accepted in many places? And once you make that decision, it's usually final. Lots of people have just "gone through a stage." It's not that way with me. I know that I am going to stay this way for the rest of my life.
I live in an area where it is really hard to find other people that are gay.Plus, it doesn't help that I'm only thirteen. I'm not just trying to find people to date, but to connect with and tell somebody how I feel. I want to be able to agree with somebody on their issues too. Guys that are gay don't just want sex. Yeah, it's part of the relationship, but we go on dates, and live just like straight couples would. The only different thing is that you are with the same gender.
I really couldn't tell you what I thought about gay marraige. Yeah, I guess that it would pull you closer together, but there's just something about it that I can't accept. Even though I'm gay, I'm still not exactly for gay marraige.
To wrap this whole thing up, I really just had to write and express myself. I wrote this because I came out to one of my online friends, and he didn't accept it. It bothered me because I thought he would be there for me and support me. I got upset and had to write this. I just hope that the people of the world will realize what it's like for people that are gay.
© Copyright 2009 Riley Hutchens (rileyh.emt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1586984-Not-A-Choice