*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587217-Dog-Mind
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1587217
Random thoughts of dog minds and stuff.... you know.
I never really understood what the smell in here was.

It’s just what I’ve always known.

Never really thought to question it.

But as soon as I walked out of that door, with the nice person at my side,

I realized that life would only get better.



New to this place, I wasn’t sure why everyone seemed to be testing my tolerance to “up-in-my-face” awing, and gawking.

It was all different now.

Why is this place so comfortable?

Why am I being treated so well?

Why do I deserve this constant attention?



I never understand what’s going on when people seem to get, so called, “angry,” with me.

How was I supposed to know that peeing on the floor was a call for a huge and loud, “NO!”

I mean, they couldn’t think to explain these things beforehand?

It’s extremely sad when the only people who seem to care about you, get angry, and ignore you for a few minutes, but in my little black and white head, feels like days.



I’m not sure people will ever understand what it’s like to be a “dog.”

I’m not sure I will ever understand why I’m called a “dog,”

Or why I’m yelled at for things I never knew were wrong before.

But, at the end of the night, I suppose it’s nice to stretch out and lay next to that one nice person who took me home with them after living in that smelly place.
© Copyright 2009 Danielle Attanasio (attanasiodm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587217-Dog-Mind