*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587580-The-Time-of-the-Gentiles
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Political · #1587580
Luke 21:24 "They will fall by the edge.... until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."
Chapter 4
The Time of the Gentiles

“(W)hen a strict interpretation of the Constitution ... is abandoned, and the theoretical opinions of individuals are allowed to control its meaning, we have no longer a Constitution; we are under the government of individual men, who for the time being have power to declare what the Constitution is, according to their own views of what it ought to mean."

Supreme Court Justice Benjamin Curtiss, March 6, 1857, dissenting from the Dred Scott ruling that slaves were property.


Pamela shifted her laptop around for Michael to see. Michael scanned the Table of Contents. “I see he's got a part about 'The Time of the Gentiles is Done' what is that?

It is a section that focuses on terrorism in America, that may lead to the demise of our country. Go ahead and you can read it.

Michael went though pages of the paper, and that part of the paper came to the screen:

IX. The Time of the Gentiles is Done.

In the United States of America in a time of homosexual activist judges, abortion, animal rights extremists and a public school system that teaches we evolved from rocks, I go with a Colorado writer's words, Chuck Green, DON'T MESS WITH ISRAEL! They have five submarines to launch nukes now.

Luke 21:24 (World English Bible) tells me that when the United States of America uses bad logic to teach our children that they are here by chance, that homosexuality is just a "choice," and when the media does not see American voter's solid concept that a marriage is between a man and a woman (19 States passed State Amendments to define marriage) terrorists are close to cause their version of a big-bang for America!

"They will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

In my scriptural search, I believe that the time of the Gentiles is being completed right now. Our President George W. Bush has lead us astray. We DO need to focus on terrorists, and eliminate them from the face of the earth, but we started the wrong direction. The following words are from a Denver resident who knows our best method to eliminate terrorism.

From: "Ibrahim Kazerooni"

In His Name the Most High

A. WAHHABISM: THREAT TO WORLD PEACE


Since the 9/11 massacre, we have witnessed a growing interest in Islam, not only in the U.S but across the globe. One of the more frequently asked questions I get about Islam is the difference between Sunnis and Shi'ah.

While Sunnis are spread all over the Muslim world, the majority of the Shi'ah population is located in the heartland of Islam, that is, in the area between Egypt and India. Countries such as Iran, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, and Lebanon have majority Shi'ah populations.

Theologically, these two branches of Islam are virtually the same, where they differ is on the issue of succession to the Prophet Mohammad. While Sunnis believe the Prophet's successor should be chosen by individuals, Shi'ah believe in the prophetic appointment of successors.

Within Sunni Islam, there are many different schools of thought, not unlike Christianity's many different denominations.

Of all the schools of Sunni thought, Wahhabism -- which is the state religion of Saudi Arabia -- is the most austere and regressive and is the philosophical guide for terrorist organizations like Al-Qaida.

The Wahhabist doctrine emerged about two-hundred years ago in the Najd province of Arabia, by Mohammad Ibn Abdolwahhab (an unknown and eccentric son of a village judge), and opposes any refinement of Islamic culture, philosophy, theology, and the arts over time.

Wahhabism constructs a pseudo-philosophy, which dictates dogmatic, outward acts of worship and rigid intolerance.

The Taliban exemplify the ideal form of Wahhabist government, with Saudi Arabia coming in a close second. With intolerance being the key feature of Wahhabism, this inflexible doctrine is responsible for sowing discord, sedition, violence, and hatred in the Muslim world and outside.

For example, the Wahhabist Saudi Institute teaches that Shi'ah Muslims are "Jewish agents" and not real Muslims. This can be seen from the letter that was circulated in Cairo just recently by Al-Qaida, and reported by the Associated Press: "The American troops have carried out a massacre to kill Shi'as in Karbala, their (Shi'as') infidel city, and in Baghdad."

By causing their followers lose touch with reality through austere, cult-like practices, Wahhabists make it easier for their followers to participate in atrocities. The perpetrators of the recent attacks on Shi'ia in Iraq and Pakistan -- not unlike the perpetrators of the 9/11 massacre -- are agents of Wahhabism inspired from Saudi Arabia.

Masquerading as a religion, Wahhabism has a global network of Mosques and schools -- including in the U.S -- which are being used to poison young Muslim minds and sow hatred through childish religious literature published in Saudi Arabia.

If we are to win the war on terrorism, we must tackle Wahhabism head on, even if that means mortally wounding the cozy relationship between our government and the Saudi ruling family, which has been harboring and nurturing the Wahhabist sect for decades.

Unfortunately, by invading Iraq, we missed the real target of our war on terrorism: Wahhabism.

What we have done, instead, is strengthen and embolden the Al-Qaida terrorist organization by bringing it more recruits and money from ideological strains diametrically opposed to Wahhabism, such as Arab Nationalism (Ba'athists) and tolerant strains of Islam.

Al-Qaida has succeeded in using the U.S. conquest of Iraq as proof that the United States is only interested in occupying Muslim lands, peoples and resources, something these Wahhabists have been preaching for years. For many in the Muslim world -- after seeing our unprovoked invasion of Iraq based on the false pretense of weapons of mass destruction -- they find it hard to argue with Al-Qaida now.

I believe we must go to the root of the problem: the Saudi royal family which continues to protect and advance Wahhabism. Given the choice, Muslims in Saudi Arabia would reject Wahhabism. But they don't have a choice because of the decades-old pact between the Saudi royal family and the Wahhabists, which allows the royal family to keep its grip on absolute political power and the nation's oil wealth while the Wahhabists hold free reign over social and religious matters, including education.

However, challenging our government's relationship with the Saudi royals could be difficult considering the business ties between President Bush's father, members of his former administration and the Carlyle group, an investment firm managing millions of dollars from the Saudi royal family.

The tragedy of 9/11 alerted the world to the dangers of intolerance and religious bigotry. Both are central to the ideological foundations of Wahhabism and it must be defeated.

In addition to Wahhabism, there is a group called 12th Imam Shi'ah. A story was done by Focus in the Family.

Iranian President Issues 'Troubling' Greeting to Christians Speech filled with references to prophecy -- not politics -- expert says.

In a surprise move, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Tuesday wished "all Christians happiness and prosperity on the occasion of the birth of the Christ," according to the Iranian Students News Agency.

But a Christian expert on Islam says we should not take the Muslim leader's statement as just a strange type of Christmas greeting -- but as a very serious theological pronouncement.

During the first part of his speech, the Muslim radical turned president referred to Jesus Christ in a way which seemed almost reverential.

"To guide mankind, Jesus offered all his love and sacrificed all his being," Ahmadinejad said. "He tolerated all the misunderstandings, the insults, pressures, agonies and imposition of all those around him. He was drawn into isolation and bore all this pain just to carry out his divine mission.” But the self-professed enemy of the U.S. took a very strange turn.

"I wish all the Christians a very happy new year," he said, "and I wish to ask them a question as well. My one question from the Christians is: What would Jesus do if he were present in the world today? What would he do before some of the oppressive powers of the world who are in fact residing in Christian countries? Which powers would he revive and which of them would he destroy? If Jesus were present today, who would be facing him and who would be following him?"

Ahamdinejad also called for the return of Jesus along with, as he put it, "the emergence of the descendant of the Islam's Holy Prophet, Imam Mahdi." Together, he said, the two would "wipe away every tinge of oppression, pain and agony from the face of the world."

Dr. Ergun Mehmet Caner, president of Liberty Theological Seminary at Liberty University said be careful -- Ahmadinejad is sending a wake-up call to the West. The Jesus he's talking about is different from the Christian's conception of the Savior.

"It's important for Christians to understand that Muslims are not monolithic," Caner told CitizenLink. "That is, all Muslims don't believe the exact same thing. And among the subsets -- the Shi'ia and Sunni -- there is a group called the 12th Imam Shi'ia. Iran is filled with Shi'ia. And many of the ayatollahs (religious leaders) there are 12th Imam Shi'ia.

"A Shi'ia Muslim believes that Jesus never died -- he wasn't crucified, but was assumed into Paradise -- and that there will come a day when Allah sends Jesus back to Earth and He will meet up with the other one who the Shi'ia believe has not died, Imam Mahdi, and they, together, will fight the Anti-Christ.

"So, all of this preparation that Ahmadinejad talks about, is in preparation for Imam Mahdi to return. Mahdi was a caliph in the 9th Century who they believe never died -- he's hiding in caves, waiting to return.”

Caner, who was raised as a Muslim, said he heard this kind of talk "just about every week of my life" before he converted to Christianity at age 18. Applying it to the War in Iraq and to Iran's creation of an atomic bomb, the theologian expressed concern.

From Family in Focus, Focus on the Family

Ibrahim Kazerooni and Focus on the Family are not the only source of information about Saudi Arabia and Wahhabism. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, on the Web (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism) I found the following words.

B. Origin of the term "Wahhabi"

The term "Wahhabi" refers to the movement's founder Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab. It is rarely used by members of this group today, although the Saudis did use it in the past.

Wahhabism can trace its originating roots to a Freemason from the British government who was working as a spy and teaching Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab a new radical version of Islam as a way to destroy the Ottoman Empire as Mr. Hempher (a British spy) notes in his memoirs [1] Wahabism is commonly rejected through the rest of the Muslim world outside Saudi Arabia where Muslims follow one of 4 traditional mahdhab schools of thought.

The Wahhabis claim to hold to the way of the "Salaf as-Salih", the "pious predecessors" as earlier propagated mainly by Ibn Taymiyya, his students Ibn Al Qayyim, and later by Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab and his followers.

C. Beliefs

Wahhabism accepts the Qur'an and hadith as fundamental texts, interpreted upon the understanding of the first three generations of Islam. It also accepts various commentaries including Ibn Abd al-Wahhab's book called Kitab al-Tawhid ("Book of Monotheism"), and the works of the earlier scholar Ibn Taymiyya.

Wahhabis do not follow any specific madhhab (method or school of jurisprudence), but claim to interpret the words of the prophet Muhammad directly, using the four maddhab for reference. However, they are often associated with the Hanbali maddhab. Wahhabi theology advocates a puritanical and legalistic stance in matters of faith and religious practice.

Wahhabists see their role as a movement to restore Islam from what they perceive to be innovations, superstitions, deviances, heresies and idolatries. There are many practices that they believe are contrary to Islam, such as:

* Pictures of Human Beings

* Praying at Tombs (Praying at Mohammed's tomb , the prophet of Islam, is also considered "Shirk (polytheism)")

* Not wearing Burqa and skipping prayers (all businesses close five times a day for prayers)

* Invoking of any prophet, Sufi saint, or angel in prayer, other than God alone Wahhabists believe these practices are polytheistic in nature.

* Celebrating annual feasts for Sufi saints

* Wearing of charms, and believing in their healing power

* Practicing magic, or going to sorcerers or witches to seek healing

* Innovation in matters of religion (e.g. new methods of worship)

Though Wahhabis have innumerable wrong tenets, they are based on three principles:

1 - They say that a'mal or 'ibadat are included in iman and that he who does not perform a fard though he believes that it is fard, for example, salat because of laziness or zakat because of stinginess, becomes a disbeliever and he must be killed and his possessions must be distributed among Wahhabis.

2 - They say that one who asks for shafa'a from the souls of prophets ('alaihimu 's-salam) or awliya' (rahimahum-Allahu ta'ala) or who visits their tombs and prays while considering them mediators becomes a disbeliever. They also believe that the dead do not have any sense.

3 - Wahhabis say, "It causes kufr (disbelief) and shirk (polytheism) to build a dome over a grave, to light oil-lamps for those who worship and serve in shrines, and to vow alms for the souls of the dead! The inhabitants of al-Haramain (Mecca and Medina) have worshiped domes and walls up to now."

D. Restrictions on religious freedom

Islamic practice generally is limited to that of a school of the Sunni branch of Islam as interpreted by Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab, an 18th century Arab religious reformer. (Outside Saudi Arabia, this branch of Islam is often referred to as "Wahhabi," a term the Saudis do not use. The teachings of the reformer Abd Al-Wahhab are more often referred to by adherents as "Salafi" or "Muwahiddun," that is, following the forefathers of Islam, or unifiers of Islamic practice.)

Practices contrary to this interpretation, such as celebration of Muhammad's birthday and visits to the tombs of renowned Muslims, are discouraged. The spreading of Muslim teachings not in conformance with the officially accepted interpretation of Islam is prohibited. Writers and other individuals who publicly criticize this interpretation, including both those who advocate a stricter interpretation and those who favor a more moderate interpretation than the Government's, reportedly have been imprisoned and faced other reprisals.

The Ministry of Islamic Affairs supervises and finances the construction and maintenance of almost all mosques in the country, although over 30 percent of all mosques in Saudi Arabia are built and endowed by private persons. The Ministry pays the salaries of imams (prayer leaders) and others who work in the mosques. A governmental committee defines the qualifications of imams. The Committee to Promote Virtue and Prevent Vice (commonly called "religious police" or Mutawwa'in) is a government entity, and its chairman has ministerial status. The Committee sends out armed and unarmed people into the public to ensure that Saudi citizens and expatriates living in the kingdom follow the Islamic mores, at least in public.

“This looks like America needs to do whatever it needs to get Saudi Arabia to let their citizens practice the version of the Muslim religion that they want. I know that a majority of the 9/11/01 terrorists that attacked were Saudi Arabians. And the 12th Imam Shi'ia are a dangerous people. It seems that they may be very confused regarding any sort of Anti-Christ and the real thing when Jesus returns!” said Michael.


“Yes, that is true. It seems the financial people around the world have very close ties with the Saudi Royalty, and don't see any hazard in Saudi Arabia having there own State Religion. The Wahhabi and the 12th Imam Shi'ia version of the Muslim religion can be very hazardous to us, and until the leaders of America do what they can to change Saudi Arabia to allow religion freedom in their country, we may have more terrorists attacks” said Pamela.


Michael paused a moment, took a breath, and then said, “It always seems that our media and the left slanted politicians have selective sight, they only see what they want! When witches in the Army make a stink, the Army must allow them to 'practice their religion.' And the feminists take immediate action if a woman is abused at all. The government takes action to protect women of abuse. It's best to never abuse anybody. But in the Arab countries, abuse is a 'normal' activity. There are parts in the Qur'an saying that it's okay to beat your wife! It happens a lot. And if a Muslim converts to Christianity, they are either put in prison or killed.”

“Where are the left leaning people if someone else in the world is abused? What about Aasiya Hassan in Buffalo, New York? It's Saudi style family discipline, isn't it? Muzzammil didn't want to see his wife in court when she filed for divorce, so he cut off her head! The left leaners don't have the guts it takes to change other countries, let alone their own! And it seems this Wahhabi sect is just like the Taliban and the al-Qaida, isn't it?” asked Michael.

“Yes, it appears so, but I don't know all the details of it or not. They seem to come together in the destruction of Israel and America because we are very supportive of Israel” said Pamela.
© Copyright 2009 Solomon (solomon.wright at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587580-The-Time-of-the-Gentiles