*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587679-i-am-famous
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rain
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1587679
I started writing in SF during the Bohemian era. This is just a ride back.
i am famous

i walked down university ave, before it was the valley of

silicone..past the tangent and poppycock...looking for st

michaels den...where kids from distant states carefully picked

over goodwill clothes to attain that "I don't give a shit what I look

like...look."

i passed by the cellar when ginsberg was there , but was on my way to score...more.

i knew ferlingetti when he worked for macy's as santa clause...he wore camouflage... kerouac was a pavement pimp, his whore an open boxcar door. whores still demand to be paid..

i am famous

i smoked a joint with ginsberg's boy of the week. I panicked. I was sure he slipped me a mickey.

I bolted from the room, checking to see if my underwear was turned backwards.

i am famous

i touched janice joplin before she died in the early morning hours... trampled to death by a white society,and a white horse... that i rode , too.

i lived in the house of key kesey's merry pranksters, mentioned by wolfe in "the electric kool aid acid test.

you can never go home, again...

i am famous

i invented the joint smoke filled balloon...i walked the festivals with balloons filled with the smoke of wowie maui..and panama red, giving shotguns to friends of the earth.

the crowd cheered as cops watched helplessly as released balloons darted harmlessly in the air...

i invented the string tacked to the ceiling with a clip at the end...no more did the circle have to be unbroken...just swing it across the room.

i am famous for scarring unsuspecting faces, who were not expecting a joint from across the room...and sparks exploded

i am famous for coming close to a near life experience...it opened my eyes...i saw the dark in a different light.

i once took acid and spent all night in a closet...curled up...curled up...curled up... a turtle on the shelf above me was my friend

i am famous

i made the front page during an all out riot...the city burned on the westside...where all the long haired hippies took to the street...it burned on the eastside... where dark skinned warriors sent us smoke signals...

the war is indeed televised.the front page picture showed me shirtless...in the background a street lined with hundreds of helmeted police...teargas drifted in the air.

i am famous

i was the symbol of anti war...

i was crossing the street looking to score.

i didn't give a fuck about peace and war

i am famous

i know where the key to the under ground is hidden, where the lost poets keep all their secrets stashed in cardboard boxcars, but i cannot tell...

i am famous.

© 2008 Rain

© Copyright 2009 Rain (rain44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587679-i-am-famous