*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587872-Ghetter-ella
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by brebre
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1587872
twist of cinderella
Once apon a time in a faraway ghetto named Noyohood, there was a youg, very pretty teenage girl named Cinderella, Cindy for short. Now Cindy may look like a short small weak white girl but truly, she was as tough as any kid. She had to be, for within all her 16 years growing up she had alredy lost her mother in a car crash, gone through so many stepmother she had lost count, and had, had to bail her father out of jail much more than she'd have liked.

Now it just so happened that this particular story begins a week after her fathers latest marriage June, 27. This was now about his 10th wife and, in Cindy's opinion, the worst woman yet. She was mean and cruel to Cindy. She made her do all the work while she just sat there and watched reality TV shows. What made it worse was that she also had two very ugly twin daughters, Lashaunda and Shaquoia. They seemed to enjoy torturing Cindy and making her do all the chores, including their hair. Cindy would have to sit there for hours until both girls had their hair braided, straightened, or weaved exactly how they wanted it. Not a single strand of hair could be out of place or they'd make her start all over.

It was about noon and Cindy went out to do some quick shopping. She had heard Prince was having a party that Friday and she needed to prepared. So she went out and tried on every shirt, skirt, dress, and pants until she finally found what she just knew would make him notice her. But what Cindy didn't know was that at that moment, her father was being arrested AGAIN! He had apparently been caught stealing from the local department store and was now urgently trying to reach Cindy on her cell phone, but of course it just so happens that she didn't have her phone. If Cindy knew then she probably would have rushed to the station to get her father, but she didn't so she just continued to shop.

Cindy got home at around 4:30pm. As soon as she walked into the house she knew something was up. She didn't hear the usual fighting and screaming, instead she heard laughing and singing coming from the back of the house. Cautiously she crept through the house.

"H..h.hello?" she called as she tiptoed into the living room.

"Hello Cindy." Aliyah, her stepmother, said sighing as she stepped into the room, "We were just talking about what was going to happen to you now that your fathers away for life."

"WHAT AWAY FOR LIFE? WHAT'D HE DO? WHAT WILL I DO?" Cindy was yelling hysterically now. "I HAVE NO FAMILY NO FRIENDS NO NOTHING!"

"Cindy...Ciinnnddy..CINDY! SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!"

Cindy very curious about what Aliyah had to say, shut up almost immediately.

"You will stay with here with us. But only under one condition...you will stay and work here. You will not go out and party on Fridays unless you get all things done and you get my permission. Plus you are to help Lashaunda and Shaquoia."

"Wait, so you're saying I got to stay home from parties to help these brats? I don't think so. Nuh uh. No way. Won't do it."

"Well you'll have no choice in the matter considering that you're a minor, but go ahead and argue all you want."

"I absolutely refuse to stay home and help those brats of yours!"

Lucky for Cindy, Lashaunda and Shaquoia walked into the room just in time to hear themselves insulted.

"Wait." Said one.

"What did you just say?" asked the other.

Then in unison, "You need to learn some manners girl!"

"At that point something in Cindy's mind snapped, all the pent up anger and hurt and frustration just came out. With a drum piercing scream she was on top of the girls. Fists began flying and mouths began screaming. Hair was pulled and weaves and braids came out. She didn't stop until everything she had done was destroyed. When she was done she calmly got up and walked out the door. Wasn't sure where she was headed she just knew she just had to get away. She walked for about two miles before she stopped to rest outside an old gas station. Just sat down and started thinking. She must have spaced out because the next thing she knew, Prince was getting ready to walk out the door and she never saw him go in. As he left he looked over and noticed her. She got up and she started chatting. She explained to him about what happened and that she was had nowhere to go. He of course, being the kinds gentleman that he is, offered her a place at his house. So together they went back to Cindy's house to gather her things. She left the house, shut the door, and never came back.

THE END





*moral:Don't mess with a crazy white girl

© Copyright 2009 brebre (kiannamarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587872-Ghetter-ella