*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588110-Rant-on-Poetry-and-Critics
by Kuro
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1588110
How I feel about the critics on this site
I may not be a very avid poet and i understand that my writings are not the best, but i get alot of people telling me that i write my poetry wrong because the puntuation is wrong on the capitilization is wrong, or even the beat is off. This is the problem i see with those comments: The only way a poem is wrong is when the poem is writen in a paragraph form. If you want to be a true critic learn to write poetry in a non-modern form. Not even that, early modern poetry is one of the best times for poetry. Most people on here write the modern poetry that has been the same for years. And everything said is the exact same thing as what was said before that. Now i am not saying my writing is the best, I actualy believe that my writing is horrible. And i am fine if told that. Just saying my poems are wrong is what bothers me.

In the romantic era poetry was a huge form of writing that almost everyone loved. Victorian writing as well. My poems may not be great but atleast they are different. They are very much influenced by older styles of poetry. If you think my poetry is ""wrong" then you should read poetry from poets such as Shakespear, John Keats, William Wordsworth, Robert Frost, and Lord Byron. If my poetry is wrong then i guess so are these men. Who made their living from writing. Poetry is a free type of writing. You are only bound to your imagination. There are many definitions of poetry and as i recall, none of them at all say that poetry can be wrong. Most of these definitions (I mean the ones given by famous poets,) actually embrace anything with a powerful emotion to it a poem. Whether it be one sentence or a story. So as i write this I realize that even what I had said before about a poem being wrong if written as a paragraph, is wrong. There is no type of poetry that is wrong. So my question to everyone is: if my poems match the definition of every famous poet, how are my poems wrong?

Please note that in writing this I was not saying that I write better than anyone or that my poetry is written in a more correct form, for there is no correct form.
© Copyright 2009 Kuro (thenightwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588110-Rant-on-Poetry-and-Critics