*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588559-MACH-Battles-Intro
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dave
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1588559
David Lance is given off time from his 'job'
Intro(new)

Six months have passed since Miss Angela sent him to Area 51. That was the dullest mission he’s ever gotten. He finally got back to the Instillation complex in New Jersey.

He was lying on the bed of his room with all the lights off. He held his hand away from his face, holding a picture in it. The picture is of a girl, his girlfriend, Sarah. Her beautiful green eyes hypnotize him. Her gorgeous brown hair cascades down to her shoulders. Her smile was white. She was the image of perfection. He flipped the picture over in his hand. There was writing on the back in blue sharpie.

It said: Dave,
                   Do you really love her? :(
         Avril.

“I don’t know anymore…” He whispered as He flipped the picture back over to look at the picture.

Someone knocked on the door gently.

“Come in…” He said calmly as He put the picture under the pillows and swung his legs off the side of the bed. He sat there with his head in his hands.

The door opened slowly and a wonderfully endowed woman walked in. She wore a beautiful red suit with a short red shirt. Her dark hair was tied back into a pony tail. She wore black high-heeled shoes with dark stockings going up her legs. Her hourglass figure was gorgeously hypnotic right down to her wide hips.

She walked over to the bed and sat down next to him with her legs crossed.

“Dave…” She said his name alluringly. “I want your help no- I need your help.”

“No, Miss Angela, I told you eight months ago that we don’t have a relationship…” He replied coldly.

“That’s not it… After all this time I’m sure you already know why I’ve set up this organization… You and Ashley are some of the only people in this organization that know… Not even Devin, Casey and Hannah know what’s really going on.”

“You’re going to turn the United States into an empire… I’ve never asked your motives but I’ve followed your orders… I think it’s time that I leave. I can’t agree with what you’re going to do.” He told her calmly as He pulled his head from my hands to look at her.

“I’ve always needed your help to get my empire, if you leave now I can’t guarantee you or Ashley will be safe. Both of you will be stuck in the cross fire of an intergalactic war.”

“We’re both ready to take that risk…” He replied coldly.

“You’ll have ten days to make your final decision. Go back to the school and send AB0XX back here.”

“Sure, all right… Why didn’t you use her name?”

“It’s not her name… She doesn’t have one.” She smiled.

“She does now… I gave her a name, an identity… She’s not just some experiment.”

“Here,” She paused. “That’s all she is—an experiment.”

The man stood from the bed and walked over to the door. He opened it and gestured for Angela to leave. She kissed him on the cheek then left. As her warm lips pressed lightly on his cheek he felt nothing for her. He gently closed the door behind her. He unzipped the suit He still wore from the mission. He put on a black t-shirt and a pair of loose fitting blue jeans. He put on a belt and left the slack of the belt hanging out of the loops of the pants. He tucked his shirt in then left.

Down in the lobby he waved to Claire—a woman with bleach blonde hair--and he left. He walked across the familiar parking lot to his black Ford Mustang GT. He opened the door and slid inside. He opened the glove box and pulled out the keys. He pushed them into the ignition and started the car. He threw it into reverse, quickly switched it into drive and left. The roads weren’t crowded, that meant he could really open up his favorite car on the roads that were all too familiar to him. He shifted gears and the transition from gear to gear was nearly flawless. He drifted down an exit ramp that lead to another road. When he merged into the lane at the end of the ramp he spun the car around and drove down the road. He did a fish tail into the parking lot of the school and ended up in space.

A crowd of people had formed and stared at the car with their mouths hanging open.

“… There’s nothing to see here people, just move on.” He said as he slid out of the car. Turned it off and pulled the keys from the ignition and put them in his pocket. He closed the door softly and walked to the familiar dorm.

He started thinking about what he could do. What would people think if they saw him for the first time in eight months?
* * *
Back in Instillation: Angela was making an announcement from her office. “All operatives, the next time you see David Lance, Agent: Lan Zeir… consider him”—She paused, she looked almost heart broken— “Compromised…” She shut off the intercom and tears rolled down her cheeks.
© Copyright 2009 Dave (keldorix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588559-MACH-Battles-Intro