*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589535-Part-IV
by Dee
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1589535
part 4 of shans project
As a Physical Education teacher my goal is to teach my High School students how to play baseball, basketball, soccer and volleyball.We will first build up there confidence and teach them how have respect for one another as we learn.At the end of the course I expect my students to know how to play each sport well.
The sport of Baseball students will learn how to hold a bat, cacth a ball, hit and throw a ball properly.Throughout the course students will learn various topics on baseball.They will learn the history on baseball, the meaning of the game.They will learn the different bases and positions,they will learn the field of which baseball is played, they will also learn the rules and how to play.This will be taught on a weekly basis.A forty minute class will consist of me teaching the skill, then the demonstration, and then have students perform the task over and over so they will be comfortable with that part of the sport.The skill I will be teaching is how to throw a ball effectively.Throwing requires the entire body to work together in order to throw the ball accurately and to put something on it.To throw a ball better first is good grip, grip da ball acroos the seams.players must also use there wrists, the ball is cocked back in the act of throwing.Other tips that should be used are the arm motion, front shoulder, lower body, and rotation.Students will play Pitch and Catch.
Basketball students will learn how to Dribble a ball, Shoot a ball, Dunk a ball, Play defense, and Lay-Up a ball.Throughout the Course they will learn many skills to develop them as a whole basketball player.They will learn the history of basketball, the positions, the hardwood, and the rules.During the forty minute class I will give the students vocabulary, teach them the skill, and show them the techniques on how to become a good player.I will demonstrate and have volunteers perform it.I would start the lesson off with a few vocabulary words: Assist, Rebound, Traveling, and Basket.We will learn how to shoot a Jump Shot.Ball Position should be in front and above head, player eyes should target from under the ball, and keep the body balanced and do not lean backwards.Handle the ball gently, release the ball as nearing the top of your jump, and hold your follow-through.Students will shoot-around for practice.
Troughout the Course of Volleyball students will learn how to spike a ball, set a ball, bump a ball, serve a ball, and block a ball, they will learn the history on volleyball, the main goal o the game, and the different skills and positions.During a forty minute class i will teach vocabulary key terms, then demonstrate and watch the class do it.Vocabulary will be the start of my lesson.Overhand Serve, Set, and Spike.we will be learning how to block,you must seal and penetrate, extending arms across the net.You must also plant so that when your about to block you jump straight up and down, land in the same place you jumped.Here are more tips, jump with your hitter, watch the shoulders, watch your hitters eyes, angle of approach and watch the setter.Students will do simple blocking drills.
Students will learn how to play soccer, kick a ball in the goal, pass the ball, dribble,shooting, and receiving, and trhow-ins.I will teach them the history of a soccer, the positions played, students will learn the rules and how to play.The forty minute classstudents will be given key terms, i will teach the skills and how to become a good player.I will demonstrate a few times and let students participate.I will start with the key terms of soccer which is also known as football.Shoot, Throw-In, TouchLine, and penalty Kick.Students will learn how to shoot a soccer ball, this skill takes concentration.To shoot the ball players should plant the weak foot next to the ball, the foot should be aimingwere its gonna be kicked, practice your form with your strong leg.When you nake contact with the ball make sure its the inside of the foot, and point your foot down for aimning.Students will practice shooting in a goal.
© Copyright 2009 Dee (deedot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589535-Part-IV