*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589704-Light-Among-Darkness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1589704
Short story for 'Phoenix Palace' contest.
In a world of darkness, I desire something that emanates in light. Something that rejoices as it resides in peace, for the world that I lay in is dark and filled with hatred. It is inevitable. I cannot escape from its enticing and false deception. It clouds the many minds that dare to enter forth into its trap. Using worldly riches that captures the soul of those longing for possessions that are temporary, darkness takes a hold on its prey, with no intentions of sparing the innocent. No more! I cannot continue along this path! I cannot reside with myself and agree to do nothing. It is my duty to spread the light.

As I ponder my ways of action, something begins to dwell inside me. Something that no man can contain. Light emanates through my palm. Like a small light bulb, a flicker of light forms in the heart of my palm. As it grows deeper and expands, reaching to the darkest of places, darkness reaches its end. No more shall man fall into the lies of its work. Light overpowers darkness every time. This too, is inevitable. I am a light, in darkness.

Word count: 195
© Copyright 2009 crafty_kbl (crafty_kbl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589704-Light-Among-Darkness