*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590426-Inside-The-Man
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1590426
Ramblings on the darker side that is in me.
The shadows were still there. They had always been there. They had been there since the beginnings, passed down through his lineage from the very first, the one who was cursed but has been redeemed. They hid in the corners and in the places where no one went any more. The places that used to be alive with activity. The places with the darkness of the world. The shadows had been there then. They had been with that darkness and had grown strong. They moved freely without concern because they were sheltered by the darkness. Then came the light. It was so bright, so pure, that the darkness was driven away. There was no place that was not touched, no place that was not cleansed. The darkness had no place here any more and so the shadows, now nothing more than a memory of what they once were, stayed as far from the light as they could. The could not avoid the light; it was everywhere. They held on as tightly as they could, knowing that they would one day be gone. Several times, they had all but disappeared but then the light grew dim momentarily and the darkness tried to return, only to be driven out again as the light once again grew bright. Those brief moments had kept the shadows alive, though. They slink and they cower and they wait for those times when the light grows dim again, hoping it will go away but knowing it never will. They know that, in the end, there will be no place to hide. All things will be known and nothing will be hidden. That day will come some day. Until then, they will hide and wait. They will try to regain their glory in the darkness of the world. They will try.. and they will fail.
© Copyright 2009 The Man Inside (man_inside at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590426-Inside-The-Man