*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590888-Darkness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1590888
What happens when Daniel, a hitman, wakes up to find himself surrounded by total darkness?
Something was wrong. Daniel could feel it, as he opened his eyes, awakening from the long period of darkness he spent as he was passed out. At first, he thought was still passed out, but then, why could he think? Why could he move? “Unless…” A cold shiver ran down Daniel’s spine as the word passed his lips.

No… no… it is not possible… Daniel thought with desperation, the anxiety creeping up on him, threatening to overwhelm him as these dark thoughts, dark possibilities crept up on him, like a snake hidden in the grass, stalking his prey.

Daniel, along with his group of mafia thugs, had thrown many body bags into the murky waters of L.A., but could it possible he was one of them now? The thought seemed possible… even probable. With it, thought, brought a slew of new questions.

“How long have I been here?” He whispered aloud to himself, looking around at the black darkness surrounding him. “How long do I have left?” Both were important, both were vital to his survival. I need to get out of here… I need to escape…Blindly, Daniel groped out in front of him, managing to grab hold of the body bag. He had never been the strongest of his mafia group, but he was not about to die here in the ocean, trapped in a body bag.

A few swift, strong tugs later and Daniel was free from his dark prison, starring out around the water that now surrounded him, instead of the utter darkness he had awoken to. That was when he remembered he couldn’t swim.

                                                  ~ The End ~
© Copyright 2009 AndroBard (androbard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590888-Darkness