*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590904-Why-not-write-the-inexperienced
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1590904
There's so much more to writing, than just words on a page.
It's like i heard once, someone criticize a young female writer, because there is of course kissing scenes in her book and in some interviews she did she explains that she's never been kissed. There were some "critics" on her comment saying why, how is it she can write about something when she's never experienced it herself? Basically they were putting her down as saying she was inexperienced and maybe her writing would suffer for it if she puts things in that she's never been through or experienced.



Well, here's my 2 cent on that. This is what creative writing is all about! It's using your imagination-- creating situations and different worlds people can only dream about. We, as writers, bring those things to life. We make people feel like a kid again. We bring joy to people as well as ourselves. We give them that chance to let their imaginations soar as when they were younger.

You're traveling to Venice one day, and the next your deep down under the sea-- a bird in the sky, or a criket, your the moon bright and illuminating in the night's sky while the stars are your friends, or family.

When people read it's like they're escaping their own heads for a while. Dipping their toes-- or should i say, plunging head first into a sea of things beyond the possible limit of reason; beyond facts and pure science. It's a world where anything's possible! Like for actors, they get "out" of themselves and become and portray different characters. That is what we give to people-- our readers.

You're exploring, living, seeing things you can't even imagine from the confines of your bedroom, or living room, or even work place-- wherever you read at.

So why not write about the inexperienced and unexplained things in life?

Why stick to things you and everyone else has experienced before? Yes, this girl will eventually have that kiss, but the fact that she's able to write with not only experience, but her eyes-- what she's seen. Her heart-- what she truely believes in and loves, and using a drop of her imagination, makes her an unbelievable young woman and writer!

I mean... I've never been in love with a (real life) vampire... have you? That's why it's all about the imagination, and heart and struggles along the to take "mud" (a first very rough draft) to a blossoming, beautiful, loving, well known novel on so many shelves of the bookstores and in so many peoples homes.

Imagine, create, breathe, live-- in ALL of your writings.



Love,

Dreamer09
© Copyright 2009 dreamer09 (wig_dreamer09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590904-Why-not-write-the-inexperienced