*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591065-My-Dream
by Bella
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1591065
The story of a girl, who in her dreams see's the face of her lost love.
I never imagined myself standing here. I never thought I would see the kind, soft features of his again; not in this lifetime.
I'm scared to speak his name, even to write it would be too...tempting.
To look away, to remove my gaze from his light brown eyes would be like a sin; any moment he could float away- like a sandcastle swept by the crushing waves. Like a feather in the wind.

He takes my hand in his and stares meaningfully into my eyes, into the depths of my soul. He says 'my darling, here forever I stay'
I knowingly realise that the forces of this Earth will break us apart for eternity, but my mind and heart long to believe his words and for the moment...I will.

I will let these words entwine themselves through my inner existence, being careful not to let them sink into the core of reality.
No, I will reserve these words for the dark hours of the night.
When all is still and silent and my eyes close on sleep, my heaven will rise through and the long, dreary hours of the day will be worth it just to see his face.

So even though, as I stand here and in full realisation that this is not the real and utter truth, I am in complete serenity.
For this, my dear, is the reality of the night- my life beyond the twelth hour.

My dream

© Copyright 2009 Bella (searsy95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591065-My-Dream