*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591169-Bed-of-Nails
by Eden
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1591169
The Glen Montona story.
-“I never dashed!”
-“You sped quickly to get to the other side…that’s dashing.”
-“Your wrong. No, I walked, and that’s it.”
-“Ok, but as I mentioned before, I stopped you because you were peeing on somebody’s door, sir.”
-“Well yeah I had to go! Can’t blame a guy for wanting to take a piss!”
-“Sir, are you on any narcotics?”
-“What? No, I wouldn’t harm myself with things like that, man, do I look like that type of person?”

Soon after, the man was taken in for illegal possession, and misconduct. Just one of several arrests during his lifetime. His name was Glen. He was raised terribly. His father, an alcoholic dentist by the name of Ray, desperately tried to beat him into the son he wanted. Though he didn’t witness it, Ray one day shattered his mothers skull with beer bottles and a lamp. Marianne, his darling stay at home mother, was his last connection to any reality. Ray Montona was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Glen was then after taken to live with his aunt Beatrice, where he began the life of tantrum.
Glen Montona grew up in dark streets, where the bums smelled like piss and fortune was scarce. He liked coffee and beating up strangers to steal their wallets. The death of his mother left him unhinged and numb to himself, and to anyone else for that matter. There was a specific day, as grey and dreadful as the others, that he changed being. Incidents such as the arrest slowly deteriorated his soul, but on this occasion, he rebuilt himself on his own terms. His soul flooding back, he smiled. Strange thing is, he never mentioned exactly what this memory was to anyone, kept it until his passing. But then, we can only imagine. The only thing he did say, was that that day, was grey and dreadful...
This “New Glen”, as he referred to it, committed murder. The Castens, a family of five. It was slaughter, if anything, of which the likes are rarely seen and others have come only so close. It was happy. Though it was captured and sentenced to death, its smirk never left. But before his execution, the police decided to rebel. The wish of a nation! After taking him to another precinct, Glen Montona was beaten to death with the fists of the sweating officers.

After raping, and stabbing Mara Casten in the throat repeatedly, he left her limp body on the kitchen table and headed for 8 year old Ernies bedroom. Finding him trying to call police while his wrists and ankles were still bound with rope, he picked him up, laid him on the bed, and shot him above his left ear with a small handgun. He then proceeded to Marisa and Tanias room, the beautiful 15 and 13 year old daughters. Tied to chairs, mouths gagged, Glen poured gasoline on the young women and threw matches at them. It took six attempts for the girls to turn ablaze. He let them burn for a minute before putting them out with a fire extinguisher. After the screaming stopped, he bludgeoned them to make sure they were dead, ironically, with the same fire extinguisher. As for the father, Ronaldo, his head was found in the trunk of Glens car after his capture. He had propped up Ronaldos decapitated body on the couch in front of the television as if he was enjoying a late movie. He was apprehended two days later. The first of the smirk.
Glen grasped his destiny. Took in a breath of the madness that seeps out of the pores of all who are sane. He leaves no legacy, a tortured, desolate house and a scarred neighborhood are lightly imprinted in the media, but vaguely passes our thoughts in the remote parts of the brain. The insignificant event with so much power. The Montona Murder, a relief for the rest of us. We see ourselves in his place and can laugh.
-bed of nails



© Copyright 2009 Eden (edencantu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591169-Bed-of-Nails