*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591517-Adventures-in-a-Cemetery--Queen-of-Hills
Rated: · Other · Other · #1591517
My adventures in the cemetery in Mussorie in India
The queen of hills , Mussorie engulfed me in her mesmerizing mysterious mist and i was do tempted to go for my walk on the camel back road. It was afternoon, one could not even see after 5 meters. I had my camera mobile and Fm radio as company with me. The road was empty although afternoon could nto see a soul or a dog on the road. The roadside chaiwallas after every 200 meters were also closed. It was just the mist, mountains, wind and me.

As I approached the cemetery which is always closed. I saw the gates open, I passed and came back as I saw the Gardner coming out with a huge sack of grass on his head, I treaded my foot steps back, I was going to ask, but I did not, as I knew I will not be allowed, I slyly went inside the cemetery which has 2 gates, and ran down…. Well he could not have seen me because of the mist …. I chuckled, and then I started my journey downwards the hill as that was the cemetery.

Luscious green grass, huge trees, wild shrubs, and the steps downwards were green also, algae on the steps, as I proceeded. First is aw stone with A,B,C,D and E, indicating the names of people starting with theses alphabets being buried there, it looked no one had come to see them for ages, with shrubs around the tombs. One tomb had been shifted, the stone was removed and below could see only wild shrubs, was it taken for post mortem or stolen, I started thinking with my detective cap on , hmmmmm as I treaded by path below, there have been rumors / real stories , earlier tigers were seen here at the cemetery, so I was looking for one……. To sing the song hum tum ceetery main band ho tiger aa jaye hahahahahahahaha.. anyway, the place was so so peaceful, and I was getting so good vibes, with my friends around you see, in the tombs. S ome more steps below I saw the stone with J , K L M N O P Q…. most of the tombs were simple with a cross on them standing or lying on the tomb. There were few unique ones , like one of Elizabeth banges born 1818 died 1883, more than 100 years back., two of tombs were of Luther, were they descendent of Martin Luther King, a though flashed. The mistw as getting denser and denser, as I reached X, Y,Z many tombs here, I felt they were most discriminated lot as being at foot of hill all were covered . Did see many Xaviers there though. It had started drizzling and could be raining soon, I was enjoying whiel climbing up the steps again I sat near Elizabeth for a while and Then Martin, the tomb had an artistic bed and pillow on the tomb.

Slowly bidding good byw to my friendly ghosts as I went to the door it was LOCKED hahahahahahahah, for one the friends did not want me to leave I thought… the cemetery has bardbed wires and I said it was hilly, muddy…… there was to be way…like the chor rassta hahahaha.. I started going back to the cemetery again, I just did not want to leave actually the place, but for that I got be dead hahahahahahahahahah….as I wa s going alongside the cemetery walls which was with barbed wires, tryingt o look for some gateway, I saw a kacha raasta on the , with a tile, and some rocks.. as I jumped to that….the foot went right inside the loose mud due to rains…interesting I thought… now with one foot in the grave how will I go hahahhaahahhahahaah….as I had an umbrella in one hand and camera in the other, I started digging the mud with the umbrella for a while and managed to get my foot out of my grave…. Then I had to like trek with stones and mud gaps towards the cemetery wall., and hola I did manage without falling once down not bad..aha I thought *Wink*…I reached the wall.. it had the spikes…….with narrow vertical iron bars..these bars were made for tigers I thought so that they cannot come on roads hahahahah, the barbed wire was broken there…… little , so then I started twisting the barbed wires to make some open space…… and not a soul on road…… it took me a while….. then next task was to cross the spiked barriers,, with foot rest…. The feet were all muddy and slippery so had to remove the mud with grass first to get the grip of the spike.. After removing the mud I managed to get over the spike without hurting..which was an achievement as being accident prone I always get a scar here and there and don’t even know. But hurrraaah this adventure without a single scratch *Smile* came out with a winning smile and I continued my walk on the camel back road *Smile*))))
© Copyright 2009 Kamayani (kamayani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591517-Adventures-in-a-Cemetery--Queen-of-Hills