*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592109-Water-Nymph
by I Wolf
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1592109
Wrote while laying in bed falling asleep. (Work in progress)
         Four years ago, on a clear warm summers eve, while a quarter moon lay a soft glow, a certain unexplainable event occured.  In the shelter of the overlapping canopy of cypress, while the soft whisper of  the creek sung with the pleasant chirps of crickets, a soothing voice, almost sing-song came from the ghostly shadows.
            I was stretched out along the hood of my truck, back against the windshield, a sweating Coke in hand.  At first I ignored it thinking it mothing more than a trick of the mind and my hearing.  Yet, it continued.  It grew in intensity as if it came closer.  It was then that I realized that it was not my imagination but real, and someone was out there amongst the dense foliage.
         A cold shiver swept through my entire body as it went stiff.  To me the quickening beats of my heart were far to loud, like a drum it sounded.  I was aware that maybe I was spotted pulling up on the creek bed, it was public property anyways. It also wasn't the first time I came here, this was of course my spot of relaxation.  I had closed my eyes though, and tried to calm myself.
         To my right came the swish of fabric, feet upon water smoothed pebbels  and soft humming.  My body froze.  Every muscle grew tight, my breath was frozen in my lungs and I clenched my teeth till they hurt.
It wasn't until who ever this individual had moved in front of me, that I slowly opened my eyes, amd I'll never forget the sight.  This person, who I had thought to be a, well, drunk or loony, was in fact the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen.
         She didn't so much as glow as more or less just seemed brighter against the darkness.  Copper colored hair lay in curls along her shoulders and down her back.  Her skin was a soft pink that looked delicate to the touch.  Light blue eyes looked passed a slim nose, as full lips of pale red finished an oval face.  This mysterious female visitor also wore a light blue robe and silver bracelets on both wrists that tinkeled as she walked.  As I began to relax, I still was unsure as to what was going on.  She acted as if nothing else in the world existed, maybe it didn't.
         With bare feet she wadded into the water, a strange greenish illuminescence begining to swirling about her calves. 
© Copyright 2009 I Wolf (forsakenlycan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592109-Water-Nymph