*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592223-Waiting-to-exhale
by lovely
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1592223
Amilia is a single mother who is waiting for that right someone to come into her life. \
The day is Sunday, January 1st 2009. It has been two years sence Amillia's husband has passed. She has become lonley and fearfull for her children. She has a daughter and a son. Her daughters name is Amy and her sons name is josh. Her freind Dana is suppose to take her out tonight. Amillia can not wait! It has been a year sence she has had a little fun. Finally the babysitter comes over and her and Dana heads for Hillview Square. This place was where her and her husband had met for the first time. She was kind of nurvous. "You will be fine!" Dana said with a smile. Everything seemed to be going fine. A tall medium built man asks her to dance. "I would love to!" She says. He then holds out his hand to her. She takes it and they walk to the dance floor. He wraps his arm around her waist and they begin a slow dance. There was total scilence. Then Amillia heres a womans voice. "David! You havnt danced with me all night." David replied, this is Amillia. Amillia rolls her eyes and walks away. Being the first time she has been out in a year Amillia feels uncomfortable and goes to the car. Dana follows along. "What is the matter?" Dana asked with concern. "I just feel that i dont belong" Amillia replied. So they got into the car and headed for the Dinner Club. They take their seat and order their dinner. Yet another man asks her to dance. She says to herself, " I wonder what this one will pull off!" They began to walk to the dance floor. He puts his head to her neck. She held her breath waiting on a woman to say something. All she heard was, "you're beatiful!"
She looked to the ceiling. "Thank you jesus!" She says to herself. Then she does it. She closes her eyes and exhales.

© Copyright 2009 lovely (bridgesmindy10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592223-Waiting-to-exhale