*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592275-buying-books
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1592275
about the love of books, why we buy books, what it meant to buy a book
Yesterday I went to MPH bookstore to find a book written by Karim Raslan, Ceritalah lagi 3, A dream deferred. I wanted to buy this book because I had already two of the author's book before this and found out to be attracted to his style of story telling that was very sincere, fresh, straightforward and interesting. I wanted to be able to write like him that is to be able to analze surrounding events and give articulate and critical comment based on certain principal. His prevous book were mostly about his travel around south east asia such as Indonesia and Vietnam and his view on the country's culture and people on today's issue. I would like to use his style by writing on my own travel to such country such as Singapore, US, Uk and Australia. I had already read one article from the book and it was about understanding different culture in Malaysia as exemplified by a Malaysian Indian, Theva. I like to read books that would open my mind to great new ideas, give new insights on events and understanding the story behind importand news that occured. Karim raslan books had able to do all of the above.
© Copyright 2009 runningman (wanfarisan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1592275-buying-books