*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593438-The-Final-Goodbye
by Lovy
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1593438
Armaan has to go, owing to some unavoidable circumstances, leaving Ridhimaa forever.
The Final Goodbye



Ridhimaa: (quite abruptly) Armaan… ek baat kahun?

Armaan does not look up. He is still searching for his jeans

Armaan: Hmm… tumhe meri black jeans mili kya?

Ridhimaa sighed and held out the jeans.

Armaan: Kuch keh rahi thi tum?

Ridhimaa: Wo main… main… actually mujhe…

She seemed too hesitant and nervous. Armaan looked at her directly.

Ridhimaa: Wo… mujhe… I…

Ridhimaa took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Ridhimaa: (opening her eyes, words falling out before she could stop them) I love you Armaan!

Armaan froze. Ridhimaa saw him looking stunned and realised that she should not have said it at all.

Ridhimaa: (getting up) Mujhe jaana hai… main baad me aaungi… bye

Armaan held Ridhimaa’s hand. Ridhimaa had been dreading this. Armaan made her sit back on the bed before him. Ridhimaa shook her face, drinking her tears. Armaan knew he had to talk the matter out.

Armaan: (gently) Ridhimaa…

Ridhimaa did not look up.

Armaan: Tum ro rahi ho Ridhimaa?

Ridhimaa: (in a constricted voice) Nahi…

Armaan: Look at me Ridhimaa…

He raised Ridhimaa’s face by placing his hand under her chin. Ridhimaa still did not look at him. Tears started seeping down from her closed eyelids.

Ridhimaa: I’m not crying… OK?

Armaan: (wiping Ridhimaa’s tears with his fingertips) To fir ye kya hai?

Ridhimaa opened her eyes and looked at Armaan for a long time. Each second that passed, was taking Ridhimaa’s every bit of energy to stay composed. But she knew she would have to yield. Both Armaan and Ridhimaa were looking at each other.

Armaan: Ridhimaa…

He could not go on, because the very next second, Ridhimaa pulled Armaan closer and kissed him, full on the lips. Armaan, caught unawares, held Ridhimaa in his arms. Ridhimaa was kissing him passionately, sharing their love, tears still running down her cheeks. She pulled away and gazed into Armaan’s eyes once again, lips moist and eyes burning with desire. Armaan leaned in slowly and his lips reached Ridhimaa’s, kissing her softly and tenderly. When the two broke apart after a few seconds, Ridhimaa engulfed Armaan into a tight hug.

Ridhimaa: (her voice cracking with tears) Mat jao Armaan… please mat jao… don’t go!

She occasionally surfaced, kissed Armaan and then hugged him again, trying to keep him safe with her forever.

Armaan: (hugging Ridhimaa back) Please Ridhimaa… ro mat. Tumhare aansuon se mujhe takleef hoti hai…

Ridhimaa’s hand hit Armaan’s back as she smiled at this statement.

Armaan: Ouch!

The two separated. Ridhimaa was now cursing herself for breaking down before Armaan. Armaan was looking at Ridhimaa cautiously, afraid that she might burst into tears again, any moment.

Armaan: (taking Ridhimaa’s face in his hands) Mujhe bhool jaana Ridhimaa… OK?

Ridhimaa: (looking straight into Armaan’s eyes) Tum mujhe bhool jaoge Armaan?

Armaan looked at her for a moment and then nodded. Ridhimaa kept quiet for a second and then removed Armaan’s hands from her face.

Ridhimaa: Agar main tumse pyar nahi bhi karti na Armaan… to bhi tumhe kabhi bhool nahi paati.

She turned her face away from Armaan, trying to turn her heart and soul away from him too.

Ridhimaa: You don’t love me Armaan!

A silence followed.

Armaan: (suddenly) I don’t love you…

Nothing but the tone of Armaan’s voice could make Ridhimaa look back at him. Armaan was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking at his knees, something watery in his voice. Ridhimaa was startled.

Ridhimaa: (crouching closer, tentatively) Armaan?

Armaan: (now looking at Ridhimaa) I don’t love you…

Ridhimaa saw tears sparkling in Armaan’s eyes… her Armaan’s eyes! She came and sat next to him.

Armaan: (two large teardrops rolling down his cheeks) I don’t love you…

Ridhimaa: (frantically, tears appearing in her own eyes) Armaan! I’m sorry Armaan…

Armaan did not stop. The words he spoke were paining him to the core of his heart. Still, he was speaking resolutely, repeating the same words, looking as if he was either trying to etch them in his heart and mind forever or was trying to hurt himself as much as he could. Ridhimaa’s tears had broken all barriers, seeing her Armaan in such a state, that too because of her.

Ridhimaa: (taking Armaan’s hands in her hands) I’m sorry Armaan…

Armaan: (trying to shrug her hands off) I don’t love you…

Ridhimaa: (desperately, wanting him to stop) Armaan! Please…

Armaan: (locking his teary gaze with Ridhimaa) I don’t love you…

Ridhimaa: (her face close to Armaan’s) Armaan! Please! Armaan…

Armaan: (breathing on Ridhimaa’s face) I don’t love you…

Ridhimaa: (getting lost in his watery, bright blue dazzling eyes) Armaan…

Armaan: (placing his hands at Ridhimaa’s waist, the right one at her back, pulling her in) I don’t love you…

Ridhimaa was jammed to his chest. Both could hear each other’s heartbeats well.

Ridhimaa: (looking up at Armaan) Armaan!

Her voice was no more than a soft whisper. Armaan’s tears fell on her face and mingled with her own.

Armaan: (wrapping his arms around Ridhimaa more tightly, their bodies pressing together, soul to soul) I don’t love…

But he could not speak. Their faces were too close to each other; hearts beating madly, nothing else mattered. The two pairs of tender lips met, the kiss lasting forever, to remain etched in their memories for the days of parting to come.

Armaan: (voice trailing over the chasms of time, falling in love all over again) I love you Ridhimaa… I love you!
© Copyright 2009 Lovy (lovy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593438-The-Final-Goodbye