*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593669-Postcards-From-The-Moon
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1593669
A prompt from a book. It made a great story.
The postcard arrived today from the moon. I was so happy to know that my friend got to her desination and was happy in her new life. I was also relieved that I wouldn't have to see her until she decided to visit here, which probably was going to happen in the summer.

Miranda and me had known each other and been friends for about 7 years now. Even when I moved to New York for a few years she would still call me up and check on me. She never bothered me at first, but then I found out the real her and opened up my eyes in a hurry. I mean who has has little people living in their hair and charges them rent? She said they always pay at the beginning of the month, but come on now you need to actually move them out already.

Then she started asking ME for MONEY!!! I am a reporter without a lot of money since I am primarily freelance and she is an executive director at VOGUE!!! She makes almost triple what I do in an entire year and all I hear is, "Richard, PLEASE buy me these new shoes" or "Darling I must have this will you buy it for me?". Jeeze I am a homo and I have told her this, but she just laughs and says, "I know sweetie why do you keep telling me that?" Some people are so oblivious to life.

Well last month she came into my offic and flung herself down in my leather chair dramatically and cried, "OH MY DARLING RICHARD, I have been transferred to to. I can't even say it. Fine you dragged it out of me. I am going to the moon. They are getting ready to open up Vogue Moon and they want ME in charge. They said I am the only person that can do it." I hid my glee ad now I sit here with the postcard smiling. I get to keep my friend and my sanity. No more, "RICH PLEASE" or "DARLING" just peace and quiet.
© Copyright 2009 EricMPatterson (soulflower1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593669-Postcards-From-The-Moon