*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1594653-Alice-in-Wonderland-Cracked-Mirror
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1594653
Alice always knew she didn't belong in this world...
"Alice." The voice in my head spoke my name. This happened most frequently.

"Alice." It spoke again. I ignored it. I never answered. To answer would be to give in. I would never give in. "Alice." This would continue until I went to bed. I sighed.



My friend, Jenna, who was sitting in the desk beside me, looked at me with concern. She had heard my sigh. I looked back at her speaking with my eyes. I'd hoped she'd get the message: "Its nothing. I'll tell you later." She'd question me soon enough.



I tried to pay attention to the teacher's lecture about the grammatical errors in our research papers, but I couldn't. It wasn't the voice. I could easily drown it out after hearing it for a few minutes. It only ever said one thing. "Alice."



It was a voice I recognized only in memories. Or maybe they were dreams. Nightmares. No, they must be memories. They're so real. Was there really such a place? Wonderland? I doubted it. All that existed was this broken, tainted world.



The voice was from a memory. A memory of dreams? It came from the mouth of a talking cat, who could dissapear as it pleased. It seemed that the cat never stopped smiling. Cats can't smile...can they?



It must have been only a dream. Wonderland. "Alice." The voice said once more. The bell rang to go home. I continued thinking. It was so real. If only it really did exist. I walked for a while in thought. I had an apointment with my psychiatrist at 4:30.



I hurried through the rain that seemed to start pouring as soon as I stepped out of the school. Why did everything in this place have to go this way? It was like I didn't belong here. Like everything was always out to get me. Great. Adding paranoia to the list of things wrong in my head.



My dad was waiting outside to pick me up. I ran to the car as fast as I could without slipping in the rain. "Hey. How was school?" He asked me. "Same as always." I replied, bored with my everyday life. It was always the same. Everyday. Even the weekends and summers were part of it now. It never changed.



His clothes and dark brown hair were dripping wet. "Forget the umbrella?" I asked as a change of subject. "Yeah..sorry." He really looked sorry so I forgave him. "Its fine, Dad." I said with a sigh. He was always forgetting things. I've never understood how I ended up with blonde hair. My dad has dark brown hair. My mom has black hair. Where did the blonde come from?



My eyes were dark blue. My dad's eyes were light brown. My mom's were green. How did I end up with blue eyes? I was truly a freak of genetics. I never seemed to fit in anywhere here anyway.



(I'll finish later if anyone likes it)
© Copyright 2009 SebbyxEverlove (sebbyxeverlove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1594653-Alice-in-Wonderland-Cracked-Mirror