*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1594701-Character-description-1
by Rubble
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1594701
This is a short but descriptive piece of writing. Please review honestly
Character Description
Boots, two long pointed boots, as red as the flames of the dragons adorning them.
They were his pride, his most valuable possessions, his only inheritance from his
father – unlike the pair of green shorts that hung down in rips at his knees, tattered
and frayed like sea weed washed up and torn from its journey through the ocean.
He seemed to have been in some sort of fight for there was a deep gash through his deep blue T- shirt, and blood was flowing freely like a river of dark sunlight, but he didn’t seem to mind. His face impassive like a mould done by an artist who didn’t produce expression: eyes sunken and grey with only a small difference of colour in the pupils, his lips thin and curved like the small knife strapped to his belt, his nose was arched, menacingly and haughtily like some roman emperor and his pale skin seemed ghostly in the moonlight that illuminated him, creating a blurry aura of liquid light.
His voice was deep and resounding and yet it was always controlled, his hair was shaped into a tall, roughly cut Mohawk, with the rest of his hair cut skin short, enhancing the fuzzy aura – almost as if his very skin emitted a glow.
Along his arms were strange, homemade, swirling tattoos almost as if he had copied the ever-changing patterns of the clouds. The tattoos stopped at his dexterous hands – no calluses- he did everything he did carefully and skill fully, he had learnt the hard way that he possessed neither raw power nor physical prowess.
If he didn’t want to be seen then he wouldn’t be, his movements echoed the shadows and his fluidity made it hard for the eye to follow. His footsteps were soft yet ever ready, sprung tight in case of danger but not once making a sound, even his scent was deceiving like a memory remembered for an instant but then forgotten, and only a trace of bitter sweet emotion left behind. He was dangerous but fragile, his veins were silhouetted against his hands, like projections, but they stopped at his wiry fingers, nails sharpened to a point, like wire darts.
But all that I have told you is simply to help put in words his smile: His smile is like a flash that goes on forever in your mind, it strikes you like lightning in a summer storm, you don’t expect it until it happens. But the most amazing part about his smile is that he puts his whole life into it, good times, bad times, all experiences and like lightning its pure energy, power, everything you live for and die for, its every opposite in life put together to make an all. His smile is understanding, and it breaks his mask of a face, puts colour in his eyes and the white of his teeth rebounds of his boots to create a beautiful harmony of colour that seems to thickly coat his body, head to toe in a brilliant suit of reds and whites, a suit of pure , warm, comforting…….

Light.
© Copyright 2009 Rubble (taiaha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1594701-Character-description-1