*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595403-How-to-Start-a-Non-Profit-Organization
Rated: E · Article · Business · #1595403
this article will give an idea about how to set up a non-profit company
How to Start a Non Profit Organization:

You have a desire to start a non-profit organization and feeling hesitant about how to begin with? Well, there are hundreds having the same problem like yours’. Though many feel that starting a non-profit is similar to taking a gamble; I can assure you, it is something else. It is quite a truth that when you are going to start a non profit organization, you will face numerous obstacles and many consider it to be a gamble because in USA, almost 60-65 % of new non-profit companies fail to make any concrete impact in this venture. I’m not here to discourage all you people; rather I would ask you not to get upset by all these statistics because if you can start a non profit with a proper plan and strong determination to succeed, you would surely succeed in it. Look, before going further into the matter, I would advice all you guys one thing that whatever business you do, do it after a thorough research about the whole thing. Don’t start a business ‘coz your friend is making lot of money out of it. If you feel you would be able to grip it, go for it man.

Today business is all about planning and moreover packaging it in a way that will attract buyers. No matter what you are making, if you can market it properly you will begin with an advantage. Before you start a venture like non profit, decide the specific cause behind it right at the outset. While starting a non-profit, make sure you have all the documentation and regulation works in its place. Check your local state/country requirements which can provide support to your business enterprise. Decide the plan, programs and the goal of your company. Never expect to reach your target in a fortnight; so take your steps one by one. Discuss various aspects of non profits with the market leaders; gain as much knowledge as possible. Setting a strong board of directors always holds the success-key in this industry.

The steps, I’m discussing here are always helpful while initiating a non profit organization. Drafting a mission statement is always a good option while you start a non-profit because it will be based on your company’s idea, services and goals. Once you finalize your missions, put apt persons in board who has a clear understanding of the marketplace. Set the rules & regulations that will be followed by your organization. Keep a healthy and strong work-environment within your office. Non profit organizations often suffer from financial crisis so make a proper budget; infact success of any organization is heavily dependent up on its budgeting. If you can develop a good budget, it will really help your non profit organization. If possible you should apply for a federal EIN or Employer Identification Number which is always beneficial for a non-profit. Do some charitable work and arrange people-awareness campaign in order to gain public attention. Another big help in today’s era of social-networking is to use sites like Facebook & Twitter to your advantage. It will also give you the opportunity to reach-out to a large number of people without too much of hazards. Market your company in various blogs and online networking sites.

Depending upon the business-demands, you may need to build up a set of bylaws to guide the operations of your company along with a set of documents of incorporation. The bylaws are very crucial and must be developed properly. It provides directions to the selection procedure, farm duties, and continuance of the board members & membership requirements etc. So if you do all these things in a proper manner, then even running a non-profit can turn out to be a very rewarding venture for you.

© Copyright 2009 mywritings (debayan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595403-How-to-Start-a-Non-Profit-Organization